Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

View Poll Results: Gc2 or Slingshot
GC2 37 75.51%
Slingshot 12 24.49%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Gatekeepers mini GC2 Or Dna Mini Slingshot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Gatekeepers mini GC2 Or Dna Mini Slingshot

my girlfriend has offered me whatever i want for my bday so i told her i want a mrc an a aftermarket chassis for it an some other parts for it along with somthing in the bedroom

so here is my question what is the better of the 2?
3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Gatekeeper's GC2 all the way! The kit comes complete so you don't have to buy anything else to get it on the rocks!!!
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #3

I've been meaning to ask this for a while too. I like how both of them perform, but i've just never been able to like one over the other.
epiccrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Anthis View Post
Gatekeeper's GC2 all the way! The kit comes complete so you don't have to buy anything else to get it on the rocks!!!
X2 Plus he's always been good about helping with his stuff. He knows a little about crawling
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
tjb
Rock Crawler

It's a hard sell, but after seeing Don run his at Palooza, I am sold on the slingshot...

I think you should post pics of everything you get! :-P
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Pics of everything I think the board is pg unless i can get a star out of the deal ill be happy to post up pics of everything oh an ill have a set of vp's 1.9 pro comps also i just had a little chat with her about them
Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

slingshot all the way!
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

so its
2 gc2
an
2 slingshot
Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Well at our last comp we had 10 MRC's and 9th and 10th place was a slingshot, and out of the first 50 GC2's made our club has 5 of them.

My vote is the GC2.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

for them who said gc2 what are the pro's an cons

along with the slingshot people

thanks for the help guys
Old 02-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3speed View Post
for them who said gc2 what are the pro's an cons

along with the slingshot people

thanks for the help guys
GC2 takes less tuning to stick to the rocks.

The Slingshot takes alot of tuning to get rid of torque twist.

The GC2 is a complete kit.

The slingshot is NOT.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

wow that works for me along with can you use stock shocks not that im going to but just a question
Old 02-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
wow that works for me along with can you use stock shocks not that im going to but just a question
You can use stock shocks but they need to be limited internaly. I have the losi threaded shocks and limited mine 1/2".
Old 02-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Ok I own both and admittedly had little time on my GC2 but I'll say this The GC2 kit was a very intuitive build, no parts hunting. The quality of the parts was excellent. The only work I had to do to the kit was drill out two holes and that was just due to my prefrence of servo mounting. If you don't want extra costs with looking for link ends and what not just go GC2.

The DNA has many options in the build. It is a very adjustable chassis. The build feels alot like work, I had to drill out alot of holes almost all the link holes needed to be drilled out. The kit really likes to use the axial linkage kits to allow for clearance but they all require 3MM hardware. The quality of the included parts is great! The chassis just needs to have alot of the mounting holes drilled out.

Performance
I spent about of month on the DNA tuning and tweaking,. I made shock changes mini LSTs, and finally setteling on Mini-T's. My DNA build performed great. I could hit most of the lines I wanted but admittedly some of the issues were due to using stock rubber.I feel that with enough time and tweaking you could make this chassis work for almost any driving style.

The GC2 build was very painless, following the posts of Austin I set up my chassis very simular to what he did. I've not had the time on the rocks with this chassis that I have with the DNA but I will say that with almost no tuning it is able to handle some stuff in the house the DNA couldn't. For my driving style I think that the GC2 is my E Ticket ride.

For my two cents I have to say that when it comes to customer service Austin has done a great job getting back to me very quickly with answers to any questions. The dealings I've had with DNA were hit and miss. I don't want this to sound like bashing here.

I think that for me choosing to move to a GC2 was a great move. I feel that this is an insanely capable chassis. If you doubt this watch some of the videos that Austin has posted. Yes I realize that Ok it is Austin driving and he knows a bit about driving a crawler. That aside this chassis can pull of some INSANE lines!
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
Ok I own both and admittedly had little time on my GC2 but I'll say this The GC2 kit was a very intuitive build, no parts hunting. The quality of the parts was excellent. The only work I had to do to the kit was drill out two holes and that was just due to my prefrence of servo mounting. If you don't want extra costs with looking for link ends and what not just go GC2.

The DNA has many options in the build. It is a very adjustable chassis. The build feels alot like work, I had to drill out alot of holes almost all the link holes needed to be drilled out. The kit really likes to use the axial linkage kits to allow for clearance but they all require 3MM hardware. The quality of the included parts is great! The chassis just needs to have alot of the mounting holes drilled out.

Performance
I spent about of month on the DNA tuning and tweaking,. I made shock changes mini LSTs, and finally setteling on Mini-T's. My DNA build performed great. I could hit most of the lines I wanted but admittedly some of the issues were due to using stock rubber.I feel that with enough time and tweaking you could make this chassis work for almost any driving style.

The GC2 build was very painless, following the posts of Austin I set up my chassis very simular to what he did. I've not had the time on the rocks with this chassis that I have with the DNA but I will say that with almost no tuning it is able to handle some stuff in the house the DNA couldn't. For my driving style I think that the GC2 is my E Ticket ride.

For my two cents I have to say that when it comes to customer service Austin has done a great job getting back to me very quickly with answers to any questions. The dealings I've had with DNA were hit and miss. I don't want this to sound like bashing here.

I think that for me choosing to move to a GC2 was a great move. I feel that this is an insanely capable chassis. If you doubt this watch some of the videos that Austin has posted. Yes I realize that Ok it is Austin driving and he knows a bit about driving a crawler. That aside this chassis can pull of some INSANE lines!
wow thanks great info
Old 02-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
wow thanks great info

Not a problem!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #17
Keep it real

GC2...and yes, I've had both;)
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

well looks like gc2 it is along with a order placed over at vanquish
Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
well looks like gc2 it is along with a order placed over at vanquish
I know Austin loves the vanquish and they are really hot looking but Give the Mayhem 1.9 CDP's a look! I just got mine and I've been uber impressed with them soo far. Not to mention the price is a little easier to swollow .. IMO...
Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
RCC Addict

yes i w0uld g0 with the MGC2 aswell i have had a little wheel time behind Austin's mini it is just a aws0me rig..
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote