Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Sort of Scale Jeep Body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Sort of Scale Jeep Body

I found a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) body with the exact wheelbase of the Losi MRC. It's another New Bright. I really like the way this fits. It's not true scale because the tires are not tucked under the wheel wells but looks more like a lifted Jeep. With the suspension drooped a little, it looks pretty scale and still has pretty good flex before it hits the flares or the front bumper.

I plan to build it into a semi-scale or trail class vehicle. I "think" that's what it's called.

gorilla_skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Nice find. It looks good.
theone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

thats tuff lookin, i like it, good find on the body
fordwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Yes, it's a nice match shell.
IS520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The tires on my 1:1 stick out just like that. Looks cool
morg59jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

well i think this lift look, not full scale looks veery good
matador88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by morg59jeep View Post
The tires on my 1:1 stick out just like that. Looks cool

yes yes... mine tires stick out farther than that on my 1:1 so I dont see where it couldnd be scale... Where did you get thenew bright body cause I WANT ONE TOO!
crawlinlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinlosi View Post
yes yes... mine tires stick out farther than that on my 1:1 so I dont see where it couldnd be scale... Where did you get thenew bright body cause I WANT ONE TOO!
My 33's stick out as well on my XJ. That's why the tire proportions on this rig look "normal" to us!

I got it from Ebay. Just search for "New Bright Jeep", "Nikko Jeep", "RC Jeep", or even "Radio Shack Jeep". If something catches my eye, and if they don't say it in the listing, I send them a message asking what the wheelbase is.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:28 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla_skater View Post
My 33's stick out as well on my XJ. That's why the tire proportions on this rig look "normal" to us!

I got it from Ebay. Just search for "New Bright Jeep", "Nikko Jeep", "RC Jeep", or even "Radio Shack Jeep". If something catches my eye, and if they don't say it in the listing, I send them a message asking what the wheelbase is.
If you don't mind me asking what was the wheelbase on the jeep you got. Its freaking perfect. I love it.
xjman349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:02 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Thumbs up

I have been using this body for months on my mrc. Its taken a lot of abuse but somehow its still all together even the side morrors Only thing is I had to pay $50 from walmart. It is scale enough for me and looks good with some smallish 1.9's or 1.5's. Even though every now and then i slap on some 2.2s to make it look like a bigfoot jeep or something. I waterproofed all my electronics and got a waterproof lipo from maxamps because i use mine to go mudding.Mud Mountain!heres mine from March 09. not trying to threadjack here
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:07 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjman349 View Post
If you don't mind me asking what was the wheelbase on the jeep you got. Its freaking perfect. I love it.
It's exactly 8.5".
Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla_skater View Post
I found a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) body with the exact wheelbase of the Losi MRC. It's another New Bright. I really like the way this fits. It's not true scale because the tires are not tucked under the wheel wells but looks more like a lifted Jeep. With the suspension drooped a little, it looks pretty scale and still has pretty good flex before it hits the flares or the front bumper.

I plan to build it into a semi-scale or trail class vehicle. I "think" that's what it's called.

that is a good looking jeep
sgtjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Default waterproof?? how so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
I have been using this body for months on my mrc. Its taken a lot of abuse but somehow its still all together even the side morrors Only thing is I had to pay $50 from walmart. It is scale enough for me and looks good with some smallish 1.9's or 1.5's. Even though every now and then i slap on some 2.2s to make it look like a bigfoot jeep or something. I waterproofed all my electronics and got a waterproof lipo from maxamps because i use mine to go mudding.Mud Mountain!heres mine from March 09. not trying to threadjack here
have you posted how you waterproofed, im looking into doing it on my mrc and im going semi scale like you fellas are with a gmc envoy body that has been a bit chopped. planing on doing an interior well at least on the drivers side since it has tinted windows.

Possible Body???

sorry not trying to take over.
andrwplsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:43 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrwplsn View Post
have you posted how you waterproofed, im looking into doing it on my mrc and im going semi scale like you fellas are with a gmc envoy body that has been a bit chopped. planing on doing an interior well at least on the drivers side since it has tinted windows.

Possible Body???

sorry not trying to take over.
I made my own box behind the back seat out of lexan and had my esc and receiver in it. I put a hole in the bottom of the jeep to run my wires out of the way. One very important thing i did was use High temp rtv silicone sealant gasket maker. Now I know that this is not an area thats going to be exposed to high temp but its important to use the high temp rather than the regular silicone because the reg dries too soft, doesnt bond as well, and peels up way too easy.

as for my servo I have a hi-tec 645 which imo is the only servo for the mrc with stock electronicsI took the 4 screws out of the back and thoroughly filled it and the electronics board with u guessed it high temp silicone sealant. The idea is that the sealant is non-conductive and bonds well so if its on the electronics board of the servo then water has no chance of doing any damage. For the gear part of the servo i used marine grease which doesnt need to be marine but i had some laying around. I put some in a ziplock and cut a tiny slit off the bottom corner so I could squeeze it out very controlled. After I had satisfied myself that no more grease would fit with the cover on I re-assembled the servo and just for overkill ran a small bead of the high temp silicone around the parts where the case came together and where the wires come out. I put a very small rubber o-ring around the output shaft before putting my servo horn back on.I used a small paint brush to apply a little marine grease to the o-ring area and re-apply every so often. So far this has worked for me completely submerged many many times and even survived the car wash at low pressure. Hope this helps somebodyOh and about the pic I had 2.2 tires on it that day because i was just goofing off. gotta mix it up sometimes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Here's an update. I removed the doors and used styrene to fill the gaps. I was going to try and braize a new cage, but I decided to dremel the plastic cage.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Oh man you got that body all jazzed up. Lookin sexy. I am still running mine but now I have the SAC scaler chassis and have just decided to waterproof my rx and esc and did away with the box. Im on the internet with my PS3 right now because my cpu's motherboard finally gave up the ghost. BUT when i get my new PC in I will post a pic or two for you...My body isnt nearly as "scale" as yours but my chassis is "scaler"lol I really like what you've done to the body and its a great MRC fit
Old 07-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #17

Lookin good, I just got a similar body off of ebay.
bnjeep is offline   Reply With Quote