Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Crawler tire size

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #1

Default Crawler tire size

I was wondering if i could put 2.2 wheels and tires on my mrc and it wouldnt hurt the axles or anything else. Please help and give me some input
friendlypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I really don't think 2.2s on it would work very well, it would be very hard on the axles and the wheelbase is to short for 2.2s.
Hillcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

People break these axles stock with 3.75" tall 1.9 tires. 2.2's are going to be detrimental to performance and asking for breakage. If you want tall, pick up some 1.9 Flat Irons or RC4wd Outcroppers.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Not only will the axles not handle it, but neither will the stock lockers, even the center might give out. So you'd have to upgrade those. Then theres the servo, which is gonna go, so your gonna have to replace it, and your gonna have to get a BEC, and ESC. Then after you get the servo sorted out, the knuckles are gonna go along with the steering links, so its aluminum there too, and while your at it go ahead and get alum. C's all around. Then you would have to get some metal tranny gears cause they'd be the next to go, shortly followed by the motor. After that your wheel hexes are gonna strip so you have to replace them, and since the 2.2s are much wider than 1.9's your gonna have to get wheel wideners, tho I dont think they make em wide enough for even that. and then you shocks wont be able to handle the weight of the 2.2's so you gotta upgrade them, and then you links are gonna be weak, so they have to upgraded, and then the TVP's are gonna start flexing, so your gonna have to get....

Well, you get the picture.

At the end of the day, you'd have less capability, and more trouble just cause you want 2.2's. Its not worth it. If you want the extra ground clearance get the G8 flat irons from proline, get you a set of real beadlock wheels, and some wide wheel hexes, and then your on the right track.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
Not only will the axles not handle it, but neither will the stock lockers, even the center might give out. So you'd have to upgrade those. Then theres the servo, which is gonna go, so your gonna have to replace it, and your gonna have to get a BEC, and ESC. Then after you get the servo sorted out, the knuckles are gonna go along with the steering links, so its aluminum there too, and while your at it go ahead and get alum. C's all around. Then you would have to get some metal tranny gears cause they'd be the next to go, shortly followed by the motor. After that your wheel hexes are gonna strip so you have to replace them, and since the 2.2s are much wider than 1.9's your gonna have to get wheel wideners, tho I dont think they make em wide enough for even that. and then you shocks wont be able to handle the weight of the 2.2's so you gotta upgrade them, and then you links are gonna be weak, so they have to upgraded, and then the TVP's are gonna start flexing, so your gonna have to get....

Well, you get the picture.
after all that ur MRC will look like an axial scorpion... u might as well get 1
ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote