Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: losi body leaning to left side

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default losi body leaning to left side

another question about my Losi. Why is the body leaning to the left side when it`s running. Is this torque or my shock adjustment, help guys
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Torque twist, should lean to the right a little when in reverse.

Can calm it down by adding more spacers to the left rear shock and limiting all four shocks. Or convert to a 4 link setup.
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

What I did when I had just gotten my MRC was, I bought a set of Losi's Mini-T upgraded springs, used both blued on the rear and both greens up front. I also pulled the shocks apart and used a piece of nitro fuel tubing cut down to about 3/8ths/in in length to slip over the shock shaft... (internally limiting the shocks). I also swapped to 50wt shock oil.
It helped alot. But if you want to minimilize it to a non-issue, then your gonna need a fourlink and better shocks/springs.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default limiters

thanks for the tip, I am running on 20wt right now, maybe i`ll switch to 50wt. I do have the losi upgraded shocks, but I never installed any limiters to it as they recommend, i also put 2oz in the front and .75oz in the rear. Doing this minor change has changed the performance like night and day, I haven`t flip the MRC yet and I can clim the stair now without problems, but since i`m a newbie to rock crawling is there anything that ì`m doing wrong with this set up or it`s ok. Oh and by the way the leaning part is not so much of an issue just wondering.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Having a little torque twist isn't anything to get your panties all in a wad over. But when your truck begins to list violently to the side and resemble a sinking ship, you've got problems. LOL.

It sounds like you are on the right track with the shocks. I would deffinatly switch to at least 50wt. (seems to be the sweat spot). As for the shocks I would crank down the spring perch collars a bit to keep some good pre-load on the springs at all times.
You also (tho it sounds a little backwards in thinking) may want to consider limiting the amount of articulation some, and lowering your ride height. You don't want to limit suspension travel so much that your getting hung up, and high centered on rocks, but the higher your truck, the higher your COG (center of gravity).

With the stock servo, I wouldn't add anymore weight to the wheels than you have.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Default ty sound

thanks soundcolor i'll definitely do that, probably pick up the 50wt tomorrow, since I live so damn far from the shop, but then again it's a good thing crawling is addictive.....
Old 05-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I like to limit my shocks with springs not spacers and but what works one person may not for another only way to figure it out is to figure it out with drive time and experimenting with your set up. I have no torque twist with stock suspension and 0 dollars.
toyw/me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
Adilynsdad too!

tilt your head to the left and that should straighten it up
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Default thanks

thanks for the tip braceysdad, i'll do that.