Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Best Losi MRC chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Best Losi MRC chassis

I am in the process of building my mrc and was wondering what the best chassis to get is along with the best shocks to go with the chassis. I want it to still be able to flex but want to get rid of the torque twist it is killing me on this thing and I want it to be able to climb steep inclines. Pics of any good setups would be great too. I am open for any idea. Sorry if there is already another thread on this but I couldn't find what I was looking for so I figured I would start one. Thanks everybody.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I have the PR Concepts Evolution Chassis and it works great. The new Kamikaze Chassis also looks good.
THAT1GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

dark soul one has a good rep but at $115 it has a hefty price. i would get rcbros one its not out to the public yet(i dont think it is but could be wrong) but he is taking preorders through pm and his is $55 sane quality as DS one just DS one is marked up like 300%
rccrawlerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
RcBros Hobbies

The mixer is ready for shipping, we just haven't got it added to the site yet, chassis have been shipping for those who have paid
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
On the lookout for Rocks

Fubar's Mini Skeeter seems to be working fine.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #6

I am also looking for a better chassis but I am leaning toward a tube chassis any good ones out there I may have to build my own.
bob geldof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Darksoul and RCBros is not close to the same. Darksoul has a 1 piece chassis with short titanium links where the RCBros is a TVP design with a delrin slide with long links.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #8

Torque twist will always be there because of the nature of the design. It comes down to how unnoticeable you can get it.

Definitely go with a "swissed" out chassis to get more mounting positions to dial in the chassis more.

Can't go wrong with any of these.
Darksoul Chino
RCBros MiXer
Gatekeepers Mini GC-2 (something in the works at the moment, will have to wait till july, so I've read)

a side note, I'm also in the market for a chassis, currently running a TCS Mini Edge tube chassis, great chassis but not much room for tweaking, I decided to droop the suspension, I was surprised at how well it handled.
Torque twist is almost no-existent.
cheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

PR Concepts Evolution Chassis
NU2KRAWLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
Mine is working great Can't say much for the driver

Pm MTHead to get one
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I'm goin with the RcBros miXer chassis.
Comes with everything. TVP's, skid plate, four link front and rear, four link plates front and rear, all the hardware you could ever need. IMO it is the best designed, best thought out, and best executed chassis on the market.
I also just bought the RcBros "red" shocks. No problems with em at all. Work great, easy to rebuild...

Just my .02, I think RcBros builds some of the very best stuff out there.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Dark soul 100% did my best comp with it. its not marked up the rcbros is just different style and different chassis dark soul is really high quality and very well performing chassis
crawladan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
I have one also. Great chassis! Cant beat the price either.
bcbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

What good is a swiss cheese chassis? When I see one like that I wonder how much they actually tested it. Why make sure it works right if you can just sell some one a light brite board. Peg board is really cheap at Lowe's.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
What good is a swiss cheese chassis? When I see one like that I wonder how much they actually tested it. Why make sure it works right if you can just sell some one a light brite board. Peg board is really cheap at Lowe's.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Watch what you say.....some replies made about one chassis mentioned in this thread were "cleaned" out of one of its threads!!!! I guess you really cannot leave your .02 if its not aligned with certain forces!

By the way, I cannot wait to get my Kamikaze MRC chassis
difflocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

All aftermarket chassis are better than stock. It's really all just preference. That's why you have so many different answers.

I'm building a miXer right now that seems to work really well. It is inexpensive, came with a lot of stuff and it went together easily so the value is very high.

I hear Jeff's (Kamikaze) chassis is really nice and also comes with everything and a few added tricks. All his stuff gets high marks from everyone and the $ is still reasonable

If you want to break the bank, T1E has the mini rockshow out now and it's supposed to be killer (but it comes at a killer price too.) I have the 2.2 Rockshow and it just flat works.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Thanks for the help on this everybody I think I have decided to go with the RcBros Mixer chassis it looks like it will be the best for the price and for what I need plus they have the lower link setup on it that I added to the stock chissis which seemed to help witht the torque twist a good bit. Now I just have to figure out what motor I think I am going with the holmes hobby motor on it just wish it didn't cost as much as my supers motors.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Default Here's A Link

This has some pics. from CRR's event #4. Has plenty of T1E's Rockshow chassis 2.2 and 1.9 the are priced a little high, but they do work. You can see some of the things the 1.9 can climb.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...w/lookoutcomp/

Last edited by Brackett; 05-19-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Brackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #20
RcBros Hobbies

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm not one to criticize another design or blantantly make fun of another competitors product, unlike some people are here to do. That there just doesn't show any professionalism what so ever.

To say we drilled some holes and called it good is hilarious, we've had 5 guys testing this chassis like no others business and changed many things along the way. Those of you who waited know this because I've had the cat out for a few months and just now started shipping. The videos speak for themselfs and are worth a million words.

Our prices are low because we don't ship throug distribution, we don't have 3 different hands each taking a cut and we don't have fancy dancy packaging that gets tossed in the trash anyways. We keep everything simple but the products themselves.

Each chassis is going to do you well, each company has its followers. You the unbiased buyer has to make the situation and look at each chassis as it comes..
Skids for example, will it allow you to slide over the object or get hung up? Ours slides..
Does the skid limit you to one link geometry? Ours gives you many possible options thinking outside the box.
Links, again slide or get hung up? Ours Slide.
Your link geometry, are your axle mounts appealing and allow for multiple adjustments? Ours allow for 6 setups and are not square cutouts.
Do you have room for electronics? Ours come with an electronics mount that also functions as the rear 4 link mount
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote