Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Mini Black Widow chassie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Mini Black Widow chassie

I found this in the new rc action mag its by MFM racing. Has anybody heard of this chassie yet ? looks nice from what i see in the mag
samdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #2

The chassis is very nice, plain and simple

It seems like it is made for the axial scorpion, but if they do decide to do a production run for the MRC's, I am totally getting one.

Price for the current axial chassis is definitely attractive. Hope this carries over to the MRC version.
cheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Mini black widow chassie is on its way

I must say a very generous mfm racing is sending me the first of 6 chassies, So i will be posting a build as soon as i get it. Ill keep yas posted
Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hey just got my mini black widow chassie yesterday, all stanless hardware should have some pics comin up soon
Old 06-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

fordmike65 got his chassis in today so I was able to look at some of the excellent details. The attention to detail and little tricks will definitely put this chassis in top contentions.

Some awesome things to note:
1. Ano'd black chassis plates, servo mounts, chassis spreaders
2. 3mm holes
-For shocks, upper links, servo plates, servo mounts
3. NOTCHED SKID PLATE TO GET MRC TRANS AS LOW AS POSSIBLE
4. Inboard lower links
5. Hex hardware
6. Nylon locknuts
7. Front and rear servo links
-Has multiple mounts for upper links
-Elongated servo mount holes for mini to full size servos
8. Servo mounts are L shaped. 2 holes underneath to accommodate widths of mini to fullsize servos.
9. Delrin links
-Note: one side has been reemed for mrc ball ends and other end was reemed for traxxas-axial- etc
10. 3 holes (to mount servo plates to axles front and rear) have been counter sunk for flush mount servo on front and battery/esc on the rear.
11. Aluminum chassis spreaders
12. Skidplate has a bevel to better slide on and off of rocks
13. With the use of Prolines 1.9 Bug body, you will be able to slam the body down LOW!

Since there was not much light out this was all I could see. Hope to get one RIGHT when they come out. I am truly impressed by this chassis, the thoughts and ingenuity is astounding.

P.S. sorry I let the cat outa the bag, but I had to let the news out on this thing.
PANDAbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Default my first pic kinda sh@tty pic but here it is

http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/u...urrent=mbw.jpg http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/u...kidshotMBW.jpg http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/u...closeupmbw.jpg

Last edited by samdog; 06-13-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Actually they're all kind of 'shatty'. You didn't even take the body off to take the pictures, so all you can see is the skid and the very bottom of the chassis. How bout some body off shots? So we can actually see the chassis.
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAbox View Post
fordmike65 got his chassis in today so I was able to look at some of the excellent details. The attention to detail and little tricks will definitely put this chassis in top contentions.

Some awesome things to note:
1. Ano'd black chassis plates, servo mounts, chassis spreaders
2. 3mm holes
-For shocks, upper links, servo plates, servo mounts
3. NOTCHED SKID PLATE TO GET MRC TRANS AS LOW AS POSSIBLE
4. Inboard lower links
5. Hex hardware
6. Nylon locknuts
7. Front and rear servo links
-Has multiple mounts for upper links
-Elongated servo mount holes for mini to full size servos
8. Servo mounts are L shaped. 2 holes underneath to accommodate widths of mini to fullsize servos.
9. Delrin links
-Note: one side has been reemed for mrc ball ends and other end was reemed for traxxas-axial- etc
10. 3 holes (to mount servo plates to axles front and rear) have been counter sunk for flush mount servo on front and battery/esc on the rear.
11. Aluminum chassis spreaders
12. Skidplate has a bevel to better slide on and off of rocks
13. With the use of Prolines 1.9 Bug body, you will be able to slam the body down LOW!

Since there was not much light out this was all I could see. Hope to get one RIGHT when they come out. I am truly impressed by this chassis, the thoughts and ingenuity is astounding.

P.S. sorry I let the cat outa the bag, but I had to let the news out on this thing.
No problem. I saw your eyes light up everytime you noticed a new detail . Even before I took the chassis out of the bag I knew it was gonna be something special. But being a MFM product you know it's gonna be top notch This is definately a well thought out chassis. The attention to detail is incredible. The fact that it's based on the immensely popular & capable 1/10 ax10 Black Widow gives this chassis a solid foundation that I'm sure will be another success for MFM Racing. PANDAbox has already listed many of the features of the new MRC B.W.,but so far the most noteworthy are the machined aluminum steering servo standoffs & servo plate that allow for mini & standard size servos to be installed and the recessed skid-plate. It is a completely unexpected but welcomed feature that I'm sure will lower the CG adding to the B.W.'s stability. I will post pics later on today of the build so far. I started last nite after some late-nite onroad racing & was up 'till 4am mocking up the B.W. This is definately going to be a winner Stay tuned-Mike

BTW,my intention is not to thread-jack. If it is alright with samdog,this can be a thread of tester''s findings,likes,dislikes & constructive criticism of MFM Racing's MRC Black Widow prototype. If not,I will start my own thread. LMK. -Mike
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Mike-
You need to bring it over to test on the lil rock course.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Mike-
You need to bring it over to test on the lil rock course.
I will. Hope we can hit up some spots tomorrow. Gonna stay up late tonite getting it together. I'll let you know asap
Old 06-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Default some more shatty pic

I will get some digital pics sunday http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=bodyoff2.jpg http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/u...nt=bodyoff.jpg
Old 06-14-2009, 04:47 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

So the clock now reads 3:45am, with over 5 hours of wrenching, testing, and practice comp runs this rig is definitely capable. I'll send the pics and what not to Mike so He can post up a build thread tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:18 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So the clock now reads 3:45am, with over 5 hours of wrenching, testing, and practice comp runs this rig is definitely capable. I'll send the pics and what not to Mike so He can post up a build thread tomorrow.
I hope we're getting overtime pay for this Casey. While the other testers are fast asleep, we've been hard at work 'till the wee hours of the morning. So far,this chassie is incredible. Both Panda & I were blown away time and time again by the lines this little crawler just walks up with ease. There will be new pics tomorrow thanks to PANDAbox. More to come.....
Old 06-14-2009, 05:43 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Sounds good. I think I'd ditch the aluminum spreaders and make some delrin ones though. I'm finding that ANYWHERE you can shave off some weight up high on these things makes a difference.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmike65 View Post
I hope we're getting overtime pay for this Casey. While the other testers are fast asleep, we've been hard at work 'till the wee hours of the morning. So far,this chassie is incredible. Both Panda & I were blown away time and time again by the lines this little crawler just walks up with ease. There will be new pics tomorrow thanks to PANDAbox. More to come.....

Just like like I promised; 5 pounds of peanuts and all the Amp you can drink.
MFM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #17

i am so tempted to order one of these. such a sick lookin set up
TImmy6216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Here's a little sneak peek. Keep in mind the stock battery was all Mike had. He picked up a small 2cell today that will easily fit on the front/rear upper links.

Note:
Upper links were mounted under the servo/link plates to achieve better pinion angle.
Used bent Axial ball ends to get better triangulation.
Stock shocks with #1 pistons and 30wt shock oil.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

sweet setup, I just ran mine at a comp today pulled 2nd Im very happy with this chassie

Last edited by samdog; 06-17-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Is this chassis available yet??
dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote