Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: newb crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #1

Default newb crawler

my new mini broke after about 15 min
i bought it for my son
he is 2 and doesn't understand stop very well yet
he drove it into a tree that has a vine growing on it and it got tangled up
the pin in the rear drive shaft broke or fell out and now the left rear wheel turns when you hold the right

i pulled the hub off and you can hold the axle shaft and turn it while holding the opposite wheel

what broke
thanks for the help
toyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #2

i think i found my answer in a older post

broke locker
get the rcbros

the stock ones must suck ass
Old 05-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

MRC's come with plastic diff lockers from the factory. They wont take any abuse, and will wear out even playing around inside the house. They are the weakest link in the whole thing.
Replace them with either RcBros (what I would recommend, heres the link http://www.RcBros.com ) or the Losi lockers. Since you are going to be doing it, you should go ahead and replace the front axle as well. And may well want to consider replacing the center (tho they rarely break).

Heres some helpfull tips, if your sons gonna be driving it. Dont under any circumstances remove the servo saver from the servo. They burn up in a matter of minutes without it. You may also want to replace the tires and at least do the stock "beadlock" conversion, or get a new set of wheels. The reason for this is because the stock tires are kinda stiff, and it'd be better to have a little softer tire to absorb some of the impact of things like running into the walls, or driving it off the steps and the usuall that my son does when I let him take mine for a spin. If you do get new tires, get something with a soft, soft foam, and be sure to trim down the foam to fit properly.

Other than that, just be sure to charge the battery for no more than 4 hours. (Losi says 5, but I like to keep my batteries cool, and I like them to last. The wall charger they supply isn't the best in the world and while it will charge the battery, It will also fry it).

Good luck, and feel free to drop in and ask all the questions you like.

Darryl
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #4

thanks alot
Old 05-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #5

I also lost the pin in my front drive shaft within about 20 minutes of couch crawling. I called Losi and they sent replacement parts. I managed to find the pin in the carpet, tapped it back in the best i could with less than suitable tools. That lasted for a few hours until the rear pin fell out. I hope Losi sent a set of driveshafts.

Is this a common problem?
KillerRobut is offline   Reply With Quote