Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Proline Titus wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #1

Default Proline Titus wheels

I just got my new set of Titus wheels today.......now should I leave the 4oz. weights in the rear wheels or should I take them out?
I'm still running all the electrics in the stock location...I'm thinking of moving the battery to the rear axle?
thanks
moparman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

move your battery to the front axel, on the servo, just use some velcro, it works great and keeps the weight low and to the front, right where you want it.
andrwplsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman89 View Post
I just got my new set of Titus wheels today.......now should I leave the 4oz. weights in the rear wheels or should I take them out?
I'm still running all the electrics in the stock location...I'm thinking of moving the battery to the rear axle?
thanks
I started out with 4 in the rear and 8 in front. I run the battery on the rear axle. Decided after the first comp to lose the weight out of the rear wheel and it works much better!!
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #4

Well...I went with the 4 oz. in each corner..WOW...is this thing HEAVY!! Not sure if I like this much wieght on this little thing,bogged the motor down some, and boy is it hard on that poor little stock servo,looks like I'm going to have to replace that servo with a bigger. I might end up taking out the wieght in the back wheels?
moparman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I am running them with all weights with flat irons and full droop, I really like it so far. I will be entering a comp soon so will see how it does. My motor is showing its age so will replace it before the comp. My Hitec 5645mg does really well with the extra weight.
ukbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Taking a break from putting screws back in right now. Today I took out a weight from each rear and replaced the proline mem foam with the losi mem foams, this made a huge difference!!! I am now able to crawl lines that this thing couldn't touch before. Running all the weights in the fronts.
Drvnbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drvnbeing View Post
Taking a break from putting screws back in right now. Today I took out a weight from each rear and replaced the proline mem foam with the losi mem foams, this made a huge difference!!! I am now able to crawl lines that this thing couldn't touch before. Running all the weights in the fronts.
X2

The proline foams are just too big unless u get into cutting them. I also just used my old foams.
ukbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The only thing I don't like about these wheels is the offset. Who wants a narrower comp truck .

The offset did allow me to put wideners on it that would have made it too wide for comp rules with the stock offset... but if they had been the same as the stock offset, I would not have gotten the wideners. :?
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
The only thing I don't like about these wheels is the offset. Who wants a narrower comp truck .

The offset did allow me to put wideners on it that would have made it too wide for comp rules with the stock offset... but if they had been the same as the stock offset, I would not have gotten the wideners. :?
Would like to see some pictures of your set Harvo I've been trying to figure out what set of wheels to go with my new chisel's I like my axial wheels alot but I would like to have a smooth surface on the beadlock ring.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I bought the Titus wheels, with the Chisels. I went with full weight in the front, and no weight in the rear. I'm liking the new Chisels, they work really well for the terrain that I crawl on.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
Fej

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman89 View Post
thanks
I'm running full weight up front and none in the back. I enlarged the diameter of the hole on the proline memory foam for the front and left it alone for the back. I've got my battery on top of the servo for now, gonna move it to the link plate when I get some more screws...

They are awesome wheels
Fej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I seen these at my local Hobby Town and was curious on how much they weighed, I picked them up and was like holly crap there heavy. So each wheel has 4oz. weights? I currently have the Losi alum BL with weights and they are only 16g.x2 per wheel, that's only 1.1oz per wheel. I have extra weight in the front but don't remember how much. I may just pick up a set of these and give them a shot.

Kinda off topic, but dose anybody know how much a fully loaded Vanquish 1.9 weighs?
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:45 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Ordered mine yesterday! titus chrome with a new set of chisel's to boot! oh I went ahead and got the Losi 1.9 memory foam's too. they should look good on my KK ZERO that I also have comein
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote