Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi Metal Locker Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Losi Metal Locker Questions

I just bought some metal lockers today at hoobytown and I have a few questions. Is the center locker supposed to be slightly larger than the stock locker? I had to use channel-locks to get them to fit in. And I have a lubrication/grease question. Is teflon grease good for lubrication inside the axle? That's all I had and I imagine it'd work, but I just want to make sure.

Sorry if any of this has been talked about already. I searched but came up with nothing. I still have to perfect my searching skills.
Any help would be appreciated.

-Austin
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I didn't do my center, but I want to say that I recall some folks having tight fits like you did.

As far as I know, Teflon lube (grease?) should be alright if if sticks more than runs. I have a can of Teflon spray-lube in the garage but I wouldn't use it in my axles, as it's too thin and would probably run off the gears and just sit in the bottom of the axle housing.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

mine center locker was really tight, had to tap it in with a mallet but all is good now, not sure about the grease
dman1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
RCC Addict

yup tight fir for the lockers, but thats a good thing. as for lube. you can t go wrong w/ rocksmith's gear jelly.

after using the gerjelly in both pumpkins and te gear box you'll definatly hear a drop in the noise comin out of those parts

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ght=gear+jelly
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input. The teflon grease is pretty thick. Comparing by looks, the stock grease looks rather runny compared to the teflon grease. But it should be all good, except for the fact I forgot to buy 2 front/rear lockers, but instead only bought one. So I need to go back and buy another set. But thank you guys for your input.
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote