Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC receiver Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Losi MRC receiver Problems

I have had this losi going for about 2 weeks now and my receiver went out or at least it seems like it. I called Losi and they sent me a new one and it does the same thing. I put the bind plug in and the green light flashes real fast when I turn it on and then I turn on the controller and it goes out for a minute then comes back blinking really fast again. After that I remove the bind plug and turn everything off and then back on but the rx does nothing. I have tried it straight off the esc off of a bec and off of a receiver pack and still the same thing with all of it on both receivers. Does anybody have a clue? Do I have 2 bad brand new receivers or am I just over looking something? I can hook the one up off my super and it works on it with my super controller. I also borrowed the receiver from a friend off his mrc and it worked fine but I tried it with his controller instead of trying to bind it to mine.:?
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Did you put new battery's in your controller?
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

sure, always point out the obvious...
no seriously, new batteries in the radio cures 99.9% of all reciever problems
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Yes I put new batteries in the controller. It still did not help. But the strangest thing happened a few minutes ago I was going to mess with it a little more and turned it on and it worked fine. Hopefully it will stay that way I haven't tested the other receiver yet and I am not sure I want to try it. My luck I will try it and neither one of them will work again.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
Yes I put new batteries in the controller. It still did not help. But the strangest thing happened a few minutes ago I was going to mess with it a little more and turned it on and it worked fine. Hopefully it will stay that way I haven't tested the other receiver yet and I am not sure I want to try it. My luck I will try it and neither one of them will work again.

what brand were the new double A's that you used? Your best bet is to get a good name brand rechargable. Once my factory sent batteries went down I went to Energizers and they lasted all of about 5 minutes so I found some LiPo's in Double A and Triple A (triple A's for my Xmod), not had a problem since!
crawlinlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinlosi View Post
what brand were the new double A's that you used? Your best bet is to get a good name brand rechargable. Once my factory sent batteries went down I went to Energizers and they lasted all of about 5 minutes so I found some LiPo's in Double A and Triple A (triple A's for my Xmod), not had a problem since!
I used Duracell rechargeables which I use in my other controllers and have never had an issue with them. I will look into the lipo batteries for it though. I have never even seen any I don't beleive. Where did you find them?
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I'm using the Duracells in all of my controllers and haven't had a problem with them in my Losi Radio as of yet.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

duracells... theres your problem...

Get a set of sanyo 2700 NiMh and never look back. Bar none, the best AA battery ever.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:05 AM   #9

would some 2450mAh energizer rechargables be up for the job? they are the best one that my local eletronics shop sell.
scottiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiej View Post
would some 2450mAh energizer rechargables be up for the job? they are the best one that my local eletronics shop sell.
Yes, those will work.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
Yes, those will work.
Nice one, cheers
scottiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:04 AM   #12

I had this same problem. Binding was very erratic. I went to my LHS and they swapped out the Tx and everything has been fine since. I guess it is possible that you got to bad ones in a row, but it sounds like everything is working out.
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

You guys DO realize that transmitters actually work better with alkaline batteries than rechargables? Alkalines put out higher voltage per cell. I have used both rechargables and alkalines in my radios and the rechargables drop to too low of a voltage before Energizers or Duracells every time. (1.5v/cell > 1.2v/cell.) I have an extremely hard time believing anyone got only 5 minutes from a set of Energizers. :?
SLODRIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #14

well from my experience as soon as you buy the car tear out all the losi electronics and get all new stuff. I went through 2 recievers, 1 servo, and an ecm. My friend went through 1 reciever and 1 servo, and my wifes car went through 1 reciever. I lost my first reciever,ecm,and servo befor it left the house. We got all new (non losi) stuff and all is good. Dont think Im down on the car at all, I love mine and have ad tons of fun with it, I just think they come with poor quality electronics.
Elcerohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

never hard of 2 bad rec . wonder if it the radio
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #16

Tried the radio on 2 other cars and it was fine, I went through the whole car top to bottom looking for another issue but it was the reciever. Ive had the new reciever for a while now and have had no problems and am really enjoying the car.
Elcerohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcerohan View Post
Tried the radio on 2 other cars and it was fine, I went through the whole car top to bottom looking for another issue but it was the reciever. Ive had the new reciever for a while now and have had no problems and am really enjoying the car.
welcome to the MRC problem club. Did you ever figure your issue out? I replaced my ESC still bad maybe I should replace the RX :-/
wangankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Sorry to hijack for a second but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLODRIVE View Post
You guys DO realize that transmitters actually work better with alkaline batteries than rechargables? Alkalines put out higher voltage per cell. I have used both rechargables and alkalines in my radios and the rechargables drop to too low of a voltage before Energizers or Duracells every time. (1.5v/cell > 1.2v/cell.) I have an extremely hard time believing anyone got only 5 minutes from a set of Energizers. :?

Err.

Sure the starting voltage on a rechargeble is lower and most manafacturers take this into account when building handsets.

But as for longer life of non rechargeable when used? The graph on the link speaks for itself and shows it takes a lot longer for the rechargeble NIMH to drop to 1v, take a look here http://www.greenbatteries.com/batterymyths.html

As for your RX problem, if you have got good charged batteries in their and have done the rebinding process and its still playing up then its time to check battery connections, replace the losi ones with some deans and also check the antenna wire isnt damaged inside the rx casing, not heard of it happening but its a possible cause.
Crawl_Before_Walking is offline   Reply With Quote