Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Li-po/stock electronics question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Li-po/stock electronics question

I know nothing about li-pos and I was given a 3E model 7.4V 1800mah 10c Li-po, is this pack compatible with stock MRC electronics? I do know that I will need a BEC (although I'm not sure what that is), that my stock charger will not charge it, and that this thing is a brick. Learn me up!
crawlinlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Why would you use a BEC because your switching batteries? Yes it should work. i use stock electronics with a holmes hobbies tm mini and a waterproof maxamps lipo 2100 mah max continous discharge 42amps. Have had bo issues at all.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
Why would you use a BEC because your switching batteries? Yes it should work. i use stock electronics with a holmes hobbies tm mini and a waterproof maxamps lipo 2100 mah max continous discharge 42amps. Have had bo issues at all.

After reading several posts on here, I assumed that if I had li-po that I needed a BEC. I dont even know what a BEC is. Thanks for the heads up, Mike! Now all I need is a charger for this li-po!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think you will need a low voltage cutoff
(or at least keep a real close eye on it if you dont)

So you dont over-discharge those Lipos.
redrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Sorry I should of said that you were probably thinking LVC which is a low voltage cutoff which is what redrover recommended. A BEC is short for battery eliminator circuit and is used to suppliment power usually if you want to run dual steering servos or a much more powerful one. I takes the load from the ESC to give full power to whatever you are hooking it up to. Easy to confuse the two. Novak makes a LVC and thats what I use but ive never hit the point its came into play yet. Before I got a LVC i would carry a multi-meter with me to make sure my lipo never got below 3v which is the lowest im told lipos should ever go. Sorry for not reading your first post so well.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Its cool Mike, I probably didnt annotate what I was asking correctly... so, where can I find an "lvc"?