Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: need stock shock parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #1

Default need stock shock parts

I hate to come on here asking for parts without establishing a trader rating, but I really need some stock shock pieces or even they whole shocks if you don't need them. I bought my mrc used and it wa missing a couple of spring cups and now I've somehow managed to loose a spring too. So, if you got some you don't need let's see what we can work out.

Blaine(Redneck21) will probably vouch for me. We've sold and swapped quite a bit of 1:1 Bronco parts.
bigjhoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #2

Or heck if you've got a suggestion for some aluminum threaded I'll listen to that too. I'm really trying to keep this lowbudget though so that's why I asked for stock stuff.

There seems to be a couple of different Losi aluminum's but I'm not sure which are better. As with anything else it's usually the one's that cost more.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #3

I would help you, but I have lost all of my spring cups on mine also. I ordered some threaded aluminum ones yesterday.
bnjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

check ur LHS or horizonhoby.com
ukbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

RC18 lower spring cups hold on to the lower rod end better than the stock. lost a stock one the first week i had my MRC. Haven't lost a RC18 cup in 6 months. HTH
rex cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex cars View Post
RC18 lower spring cups hold on to the lower rod end better than the stock. lost a stock one the first week i had my MRC. Haven't lost a RC18 cup in 6 months. HTH

Thanks, I might try that. Now, if I can just find that spring.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjhoov View Post
Now, if I can just find that spring.
You could try fishing the spring out of the nooks and crannies of the rocks with some sort of magnet. This is obviously most effective if you know the specific area where the spring was lost.
It's worked for me a few times using one of those small telescoping magnetic things. I now keep one in my RC box, just in case. (They're cheap at discount tool shops, like Harbor Freight.)
It may be worth a shot if your crawling area is close by...

Last edited by JeepinOR; 07-11-2009 at 12:02 PM.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #8

LOL!! I lost it somewhere at home while working on it. DOH!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
09 RCA champ!

Quote:
Blaine(Redneck21) will probably vouch for me. We've sold and swapped quite a bit of 1:1 Bronco parts.

yep

so you just need some stock springs?
rednck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
I hate to come on here asking for parts without establishing a trader rating, but I really need some stock shock pieces or even they whole shocks if you don't need them. I bought my mrc used and it wa missing a couple of spring cups and now I've somehow managed to loose a spring too. So, if you got some you don't need let's see what we can work out.

You got em...I have 3 complete in good order and the 4th is missing the rod end and cup. I have no need for them. Just send me a pm with where to mail them and I will put them in a padded envelope. At least they will be put to good use instead of the bottom (junk) drawer of my tool box.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
You got em...I have 3 complete in good order and the 4th is missing the rod end and cup. I have no need for them. Just send me a pm with where to mail them and I will put them in a padded envelope. At least they will be put to good use instead of the bottom (junk) drawer of my tool box.

Thanks man, that's pretty cool of you. I'll send you a pm.