Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Stock wheels - no beadlock? Weight option?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Stock wheels - no beadlock? Weight option?

Are the stock wheels not really beadlocks? I just pulled the rings off of mine to add more weight, and it doesn't look like that ring would really hold anything, and the tire appears to have been glued to the wheel.

Also - this picture shows the way weight had been added by the previous owner. I guess it works (fishing lead wrapped in tape, pushed into back of wheel - is this "standard"?
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoyguy View Post
Are the stock wheels not really beadlocks? I just pulled the rings off of mine to add more weight, and it doesn't look like that ring would really hold anything, and the tire appears to have been glued to the wheel.

Also - this picture shows the way weight had been added by the previous owner. I guess it works (fishing lead wrapped in tape, pushed into back of wheel - is this "standard"?
No the stock wheels are not beadlocks.
That is a valid method of adding weight although you will fight keeping the lead in the wheel.I wrap lead rope in the groove around the outside of the wheel and then put eletrical tape around it so it can't move around.
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

There is also a way to make the wheels into real beadlocks, just search PVC mod and you will find it
Hillcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #4

PVC works great and so do fishing weights
bnjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #5

I would suggest putting them on the inside of the tires though, they hold in place better
bnjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

you can add pencil led fishing wait by raping it on the inside of the rim i can send some pics when i take some. i am currently using it on my pro line wheel and i had it on my factory wheels as well. you can pick up the wait at big five or any sporting good store in the fishing section
jrba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

pencil lead fishing weight? I have heard of a rope lead, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Academy Sports - no, Wal-Mart - no, big local hunting and fishing shop - no.

I added about 2.5 oz per front wheel today using the lead shot and electrical tape trick, only inside the wheel.
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I got a set of stockers converted to beadlocks and weighted for sale. $10+ shipping if interested PM me.
WrenchHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Heres what i did to add weight, and it works perfectly...
(of course your gonna have to do the PVC mod to your wheels, or just buy new ones)
Run 2 rows of BB's side by side in the wheel channel (you'll see when you pull the tire off), tape them in place (sounds alot tougher than it is), then use Mr Gasket stick on wheel weights to wrap around channel, on top of the rows of BB's. Then tape them down for insurance, and your good to go. Will put you to just about 7oz per wheel.

Only do the front tho, adding weight to the rear is counter productive... IMO
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote