Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Titus wheel weight question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #1

Default Titus wheel weight question

I just got my Titus 1.9 wheels, just wondering how much each wheel weighs total with both weights in. Im thinking I want 4oz up front and none in the rear. Im running the mixer Chassis with the battery on the back plate. Any suggestions?

Thanks
El Rushbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #2

Ahh I figured it out, I just wanted to make sure it was 4oz and not 8oz. Loving these wheels, just threw some Flat Irons on them. Seem to be little better than stock wheels/tires
Old 07-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
TN State Champ 11,12,13

If you want that thing to climb well you should be in the neighborhood of 7 to 8 ounces per front wheel.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rushbo View Post
Ahh I figured it out, I just wanted to make sure it was 4oz and not 8oz. Loving these wheels, just threw some Flat Irons on them. Seem to be little better than stock wheels/tires
Most anything will beat those stock wheels and tires! If you look for a different set in the future, you might try the Losi Blue Claws - I really like mine.

More weight will be ok, but if you're still running everything else stock you might try a beefier servo and BEC first...most people eventually do anyway.

Welcome.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

No doubt, you are pushing the limits of what the stock servo can handle now.
Sounds like is 645 time. That, and a BEC and about 3 to 4 more oz. up frount should have your killin it.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #6

My steering servo lasted 1-1/2 crawls at the comp last weekend after putting them on mine. First round I popped a drive shaft off second round steering servo croaked Never finished either course.

Also Duck Tape the weights cause if you upgrade motors and gain wheel speed the o-rings will allow the weights to expand off the rim with high wheel speed.
M_Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies. Im running a 645 already I went with the full wheel weight, 4oz in each front, none in the rear. Time to go crawlin !!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
RCC Addict

You might also think about putting the lipo somewere else biseides the back

plate. Try the front links of the front axle. help climbing.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
If you want that thing to climb well you should be in the neighborhood of 7 to 8 ounces per front wheel.
I went with both weights up front and removed one from each rear and my rig crawls better than when I had a lot more weight. Might want to consider something other than the flat irons though, nice ride height but they don't lock up with the rocks too well. I have tried em all at this point and am most happy with the chisels. Good luck and happy crawling!
Drvnbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
Holdin my 40oz.

I also recomend the chisel's, they work great and the Flatirons seem to be too tall for most competitive crawling...as for the wheel weight issue I would personally recomend less weight than some have suggested. I run axial 1.9 beadlocks and only 3 1/2 oz. in the front with nothing in the rear and my rig can climb anything that the other guys around here (Co.) can with more weight in theirs. Only thing that is tricky is coming down off steep drop-offs , the back sometimes likes to come over the top but if you just give it a little more throttle when this happens it keeps the back end on the rocks. It is only my opinion maybe, but a lighter rig with the proper forward weight bias seems to climb very well, is less prone to breakage on falls, and has better throttle response. Overall it's driver preference, but that's my 2 cents.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote