Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 4 link please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 4 link please help

hey i was reading in one of the fourms and they wer saying u deffenetly need to upgrade to 4 links front and rear i dont no what that is or wear i can find one to buy but if somone could point me in the direction to find them that would be great k thanks for the help in advance
davebarlow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #2

Most of the aftermarket chassis kits come with the needed mounting plates and links to convert to 4 link. Also, some companies such as RC Bros. sells just the front and rear mounting plates. Just search some of the chassis kits such as Dark Soul, Kamikaze, DNA, GC2, etc...
ctraut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
RCC Addict

If you are not familiar with mocking stuff up I would recommend in getting a complete kit.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:06 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I only 4 linked the front because making a 3 link was more work, as for the rear I am using the losi carbon front servo plate and just copied one of the mounting holes and using that for my rear 4 link mount, the frt I made with carbon and made the servo plate with an extension for the 4 link
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:27 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarlow13 View Post
hey i was reading in one of the fourms and they wer saying u deffenetly need to upgrade to 4 links front and rear i dont no what that is or wear i can find one to buy but if somone could point me in the direction to find them that would be great k thanks for the help in advance
Rc bros makes a kit but I believe you still have to make your own links.
Hopefully this will help you understand what a 4 link is.

Drew it up just for you
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

4 linking can help reduce torque twist
kalin96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

thanks alot is there kit that i can buy that just bolts up or do i need to fabricate stuff
Old 07-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
RcBros Hobbies

Dave,
We have front and rear 4 link mounts available for your MRC here: http://rcbros.com/cart/Scripts/prodL...idCategory=224

You will need to make your own top links to make this work, but we have that covered for you too. You can find the delrin rod, set screws and rod ends you need here: http://rcbros.com/cart/Scripts/prodL...idCategory=308

Its a trial and error process to see which setup works best for you. There are alot of different variables such as electronics used, ride height, battery used etc.. But don't let it scare you, you'll learn alot and find out quickly its not to hard.

If your not wanting to do it yourself there our a ton of aftermarket chassis options that come with a new chassis, links and 4 link mounts to do the job for you, such as our miXer kit here: http://rcbros.com/cart/Scripts/prodV...?idproduct=398

Best of all, if you have any questions shoot us an e-mail or post on the RCC forums and someone will be able to help you out!
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Dave,
We have front and rear 4 link mounts available for your MRC here: http://rcbros.com/cart/Scripts/prodL...idCategory=224

You will need to make your own top links to make this work, but we have that covered for you too. You can find the delrin rod, set screws and rod ends you need here: http://rcbros.com/cart/Scripts/prodL...idCategory=308

Its a trial and error process to see which setup works best for you. There are alot of different variables such as electronics used, ride height, battery used etc.. But don't let it scare you, you'll learn alot and find out quickly its not to hard.

If your not wanting to do it yourself there our a ton of aftermarket chassis options that come with a new chassis, links and 4 link mounts to do the job for you, such as our miXer kit here: http://rcbros.com/cart/Scripts/prodV...?idproduct=398

Best of all, if you have any questions shoot us an e-mail or post on the RCC forums and someone will be able to help you out!
Everything he said is what you'll need

And it is a pretty good improvement over the stock 3 link
kalin96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

thanks alot guys thats alot of help yea ill probily end up buying the chassie cuz i dont feel like messing somthing up but thanks for everything its alot of help
Old 07-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Here is a ghetto fab job. The shocks are spaced too much away from the chassis but, you get the idea. The links are Jato turn buckles, the rear axle mount is a Tamiya suspension mount. You will need to out-board the shocks at the axle also with a longer bolt. (reference below pic #2) The rear axle mount uses the extra stock servo plate included with the crawler.

Name:  DSCN0402.JPG
Views: 1345
Size:  57.8 KB

Name:  DSCN0403.JPG
Views: 805
Size:  50.3 KB
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

doesnt just about any rc crawlers come with four links? and a four link is where 2 bars on each axle touch the chassis, for 2 links on each axle is equal to four links in all, thats where it got its name LOL
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

yes but the MRC has a wishbone so making it one contact on top letting it swing a little more which is a little too much for the back. i am going to leave my front a 3 link
the other 2.2 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrejects View Post
doesnt just about any rc crawlers come with four links? and a four link is where 2 bars on each axle touch the chassis, for 2 links on each axle is equal to four links in all, thats where it got its name LOL
No, four link means that each axle has 4 bars goiing from it and connecting to the suspension in 4 diffrent places. The links connect to the axle in 4 seperate locations as well.

The stock MRC has a 3 link setup. Basicall, the lower links leave the chassis on opposite sides and then run down to the axles and connect to the axle at opposite sides. The upper link leaves the chassis at 2 seperate places and then merge together BEFORE they connect to the axle.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote