Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Better late than never

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Better late than never

Well, I've been resisting getting a Mini for a while now because I didn't want to throw the money at it, but I finally gave in. They're pretty popular here in UT, and most of the guys I crawl with have to start with their 2.2's when they go crawling, because if they start with the 1.9's, the 2.2 will never see rock. I figured there had to be a reason for that so here we are.

I scored a very lightly used Mini with some goodies already installed in a trade, so luckily I'm starting way ahead of a box stock turd. It came with an RCBros Skullz 2 chassis, Hot Racing lockers all around, Losi aluminum beadlocks, Bashers, Losi bent rear links, RCBros standard servo mount plate, 645MG servo, and a Mini Grappler body already installed...and that's barely the start.

I've ordered some new goodies for it already...this thing will be modded out big time for competition use. I've got some serious competition around here. Naz-T won the 1.9 comp at the Rojo Rocas in Colorado, and he's in our club, along with plenty of other massively skilled 1.9 drivers, so I've got my work cut out for me. My goal is a top 3 finish at the August Afterburn comp, which will be my first time running the little guy in competition.

Pics and more details will be added later tonight...

Last edited by metalry101; 07-30-2009 at 06:52 PM.
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

sounds like A good start.
muddog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Now i'm missing my MRC!!! Sounds like you've big plans for my old ride, I hope you win it all with it
procraft98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I made a bit of progress today...got a bunch of new goodies for the axles. I'm still waiting to get some other stuff. My lower links are in the mail, and my MIP center CVD's are coming into the LHS soon.

For now though...here's what I got done today...

Installed the tranny in the Fubar Mini Skeeter chassis, got the CVD's installed in the front axle, along with the aluminum knuckles and C's. On the rear axle I installed the aluminum solid axle adapters. Oh...and I pulled the foams from the front tires and installed the 30 gram weights. I also pulled all the weight from the rears.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Lookin good I just may have to step it up a bit if I want to stay in the tops.
RockSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well I made more progress but I can't do too much until my lower links come in. I'm not exactly happy with rcbros right now. I ordered my links last Monday and got priority mail shipping. I should have had them by Friday at the latest...
Old 08-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Got a message from RCBros explaining the delay. Apparently they've been having some major issues with the site, and that's why I don't have my links. I would have like to have been notified earlier, but it sounds like they don't have access to any of the order info right now, so that'd be why.

Long story short...I still don't have my links but now have a very reasonable explanation about why I don't have them, and I'll try to be much more patient while they get their system back up and running.