Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Oh God, another slider motor question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Oh God, another slider motor question

I know, I know... another thread about the mini slider motor.

So, I was down at the LHS today and got a killer deal on a slider. Normally I am against this motor completely cause I just dont think it has the torque a crawler needs. However I bought it anyhow... cause for 5 bucks, why would I not.

Got home, bolted it up (after some light modifications to it for fitment and proper gear alignment and mesh). Wow, this thing is stupid fast. (I didnt step the gearing down any lower, mainly cause i didnt think about buying a new gear while I was at the shop). But... uh... yeah, its stupid fast.... stupid. It gets insanly hot, but the esc seems to handle it fine.

So, the question I wanted to ask is this. Does anyone know howto, or if the timing is adjustable. I didnt see any marks on it, and I cant see a way to adjust it, but the owner of the LHS said that it was adjustable. (I have seen my fair share of motors, and worked on/ built several, but I just dont see it).

The reason for the adjustment is that I am running a flipped motor/trans and it runs the motor backwards...

So, any ideas... or am I missing the obvious
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The timing is fixed because the can is crimped. you have to uncrimp it and find the 0 spot. RPM meter!!! Advance it the other way. It's still going to melt in a few hard runs.
motorman1600 is offline   Reply With Quote