Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: sglogar Mixer and more losi MRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #1

Default sglogar Mixer and more losi MRC

Hi!.
my specs.
Mixer chassis.
losi insane 370 motor
mamba 25 esc
hitec 654 servo
hot racing aluminium shocks
front and rear metal blockers.
flat iron 1,9" G8 with 100 gr. per wheel, front, nothing rear.
home made links and servo plate, this last one adapted from one aluminium side of the stock chassis.
juntaf widenners
lipo 2s 1800mAh , an 3s 850 mAh itīs coming.( to place on the front upers links)

surely i forget something.

pics.
and 1 question how can i performace the geometry, for the 4 links setup? thanks!!!

sglogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Be glad to help on the suspension questions, but I cant tell where anything is now... lets see some pics of the suspension and we'll go from there
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
RCC Addict

It looks like you have your rear upper links screwed directly to the axle plate mounting holes which I have not seen before. maybe this is causeing some axle wrap I'm not sure but you may want to check that next time your out crawlin.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
It looks like you have your rear upper links screwed directly to the axle plate mounting holes which I have not seen before. maybe this is causeing some axle wrap I'm not sure but you may want to check that next time your out crawlin.
I had this problem but i solve it cutting the 3rd hole, some dramatic, but it work. i donīt planning mount a rear axle plate. not any more .
Old 08-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #5

some more pics.( in gallery for not to overload)
no rub neither wrap, any where.

but i dont know any think about squat o anti. and i wanna get a good configuration.

http://img329.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=007hit.jpg

thanks again.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Judging from the pics you have, here is what I would suggest based on how I have mine set up.

1st, move your lower links all the way to center with 1 nut in between them.
2nd. It doesn't appear that you are using a rear 4 link plate, which is going to cause all sorts of issues (at least I had alot of problems out of my rear suspension when I had my links mounted straight to the axle). I would recommend getting a four link kit (or at least making your own). And then remaking the rear upper links to look more like your fronts, and mounted in the same way.
3rd. Move your rear upper links up 1 hole on the chassis, it will add some extra anti-squat to the rear end and help it hold its composure when climbing vertical.

I am guessing that you most likely have alot of lateral movement in your axles (both front and rear). In order to overcome this (and it is very important to stop any lateral movement of the axle) you are going to want to triangulate your links more. The straighter they are the more they are gonna want to walk all over the place.

You might also want to re-locate your rear shocks to the same position that the fronts are in... it will help ballance the chassis front to back.
And you also might want to consider moving the motor/trans back one set of holes, this will ballance out the load being put into the driveshafts and help keep them from breaking...

Other than those little fine tuning things, it looks pretty good
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #7

thanks a lot, iīll try it.

iīll concentrate triangulating the links more, rear 4link plate and links, and moving the position of the rear links.
here is a video, poor of cuality, but u can see what this rig is capable of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3_IH1kCvxQ

----3rd. Move your rear upper links up 1 hole on the chassis, it will add some extra anti-squat to the rear end and help it hold its composure when climbing vertical.---- these things are what i was looking for. thanks. i dont know how it afects.thanks again

Last edited by sglogar; 08-02-2009 at 09:35 AM.