Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Mixer question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Mixer question

Hey everyone, first post!

Been into rc for about 15 years on and off. Raced most evry type of nitro and electric other then 1/8 off/on road. Time and distance to tracks kills the momentum from time to time (so does cash:?). Have always enjoyed offroad type for fun rc's although most of my racing has been carpet sedan. Don't want to go into how much I have spent on those things. Still have some Xray chassi's and a bunch of support stuff for them. Got into 18th scale about a year ago. Have a built RC18t, built Xray M18(onroad) and a pretty stock Vendetta bugy. Like the 18th's for smaller size and portability.

Anyways on to the question. Bought a MRC about two weeks ago. Done some of the usual stuff such as metal lockers (f/r/c), Hitec hs615mg servo(not 645, had it laying around) made my own carbon fibre plate for the servo. Made plates for the electronics to go on the upper links, etc. Works pretty well so far(tons better then stock). But I wanted to aleviate the torque twist and through reviews on here, decided on the RCBRO mixer kit.

I have read on their forums that they are going through a tough time between owners. William seems to be getting the shaft from a partner and it is making things tough right now. Great time to order stuff huh? LOL. So I read about the kit and it states all you need to finish the kit is link ends of choice. So I ordered the Mixer plus a pack of the Losi lower link ends. A few days before ordering them I pm'd RCBRO if that was all I needed, but didn't get a responce for like 5 days. When I did get a responce it was "all I need is the Traxxas ends for the links". I pm'd him back asking if the losi ones would work, but havent heard back. I know things are sucky for him and I am not blaming him so do not take it as that.

I am just wondering if anyone has put together the chassi kit with using the Losi rod ends that come stock on the lower links (using them for the new upper links). I just want to make sure that if I need the Traxxas ones, that I get them to be ready to put the kit together. So will the Losi ones work on the mixer kit on the upper links?

Thanks in advance guy's!
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
Hey everyone, first post!

Been into rc for about 15 years on and off. Raced most evry type of nitro and electric other then 1/8 off/on road. Time and distance to tracks kills the momentum from time to time (so does cash:?). Have always enjoyed offroad type for fun rc's although most of my racing has been carpet sedan. Don't want to go into how much I have spent on those things. Still have some Xray chassi's and a bunch of support stuff for them. Got into 18th scale about a year ago. Have a built RC18t, built Xray M18(onroad) and a pretty stock Vendetta bugy. Like the 18th's for smaller size and portability.

Anyways on to the question. Bought a MRC about two weeks ago. Done some of the usual stuff such as metal lockers (f/r/c), Hitec hs615mg servo(not 645, had it laying around) made my own carbon fibre plate for the servo. Made plates for the electronics to go on the upper links, etc. Works pretty well so far(tons better then stock). But I wanted to aleviate the torque twist and through reviews on here, decided on the RCBRO mixer kit.

I have read on their forums that they are going through a tough time between owners. William seems to be getting the shaft from a partner and it is making things tough right now. Great time to order stuff huh? LOL. So I read about the kit and it states all you need to finish the kit is link ends of choice. So I ordered the Mixer plus a pack of the Losi lower link ends. A few days before ordering them I pm'd RCBRO if that was all I needed, but didn't get a responce for like 5 days. When I did get a responce it was "all I need is the Traxxas ends for the links". I pm'd him back asking if the losi ones would work, but havent heard back. I know things are sucky for him and I am not blaming him so do not take it as that.

I am just wondering if anyone has put together the chassi kit with using the Losi rod ends that come stock on the lower links (using them for the new upper links). I just want to make sure that if I need the Traxxas ones, that I get them to be ready to put the kit together. So will the Losi ones work on the mixer kit on the upper links?

Thanks in advance guy's!
If I understand you correctly, you where wondering if you could use the stock MRC rod ends for the chassis side of the links?, the chassis is drilled for 3mm sized hardware, the MRC links are 2mm, so unless you can make a reducing bushing then you need to run 3mm holed rod ends, I went with the traxxas ones, but they are rather large on the chassis which does get pretty tight when trying to mount everything inboard of the chassis side plates., I do wish the chassis was drilled for 2mm holed rod ends , the shock ones are perfect at 3mm.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

To answer your question about the end links,
Here is what you will need to completely assemble the kit (i.e. does not come with the kit)

8 traxxass rod ends, you can also use any 3mm (hole size) ball ends.
You should be able to pick em up from your LHS for under 3 bucks
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:31 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Thanks guys. That is exactly what I needed to know.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
RcBros Hobbies

E-mail is going to be the most fastest response from me, I don't always have time to check the forums but check my email at least twice a day.
I've got the problems with our site fixed and are back 100%. even if I didn't get it fixed it wouldn't be the last of me or my products I promise you that

you'll need the Traxxas rod ends to finish, part number TRA1942.

Thanks,
William
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
E-mail is going to be the most fastest response from me, I don't always have time to check the forums but check my email at least twice a day.
I've got the problems with our site fixed and are back 100%. even if I didn't get it fixed it wouldn't be the last of me or my products I promise you that

you'll need the Traxxas rod ends to finish, part number TRA1942.

Thanks,
William
William,
Thanks and good luck with everything that is going on. I finaly found on the site where there is a view button under the items. It described what was needed right there, (the Traxxas ends and part number). My bad in not noticeing that. I have lots of rod ends in parts boxs from past bulds and spares. I have about 30 different 3mm rod ends that should be useable and will see what works best. There is a hobby shop in the next town over or so anyways and I am sure I could find the Traxxas ones there or something useable if what I have doesnt pan out (I am sure they will though).

Thanks again and good luck with your buisness!