Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: new stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default new stuff

hey whats up i just got some new proline flatirons and a set of axial beadlocks on my mini i noticed the flatirons are alot bigger then the stock losi tires so i had to trimm the body alot so i did all that and i just recently bought.... the integy 30 degree bent links and i noticed they do not let it flex as much as be4 and i did all that cutting off the body for nothing ..... luckly i just bought a new body for it too ..... just wondering if anyone has any news on the 30 degree bent links to ?
davebarlow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

It's not uncommon for bent links to change flexing/articulation characteristics. Some drivers are OK with it, some go back to the straights. Drive it for a bit and see.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #3

I noticed the same thing with the bent links. I also seemed to break a lot more rod ends with the bent links. I ended up going back to stock links. Also, you can run aftermarket hexes to make your stance wider to reduce some of your body rub. I did that when I ran my Flat Irons.

Last edited by ctraut5; 08-07-2009 at 06:42 AM.
ctraut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

My nephew actually broke one of the Losi bent links off at the end of the threads the other day. He was bashing a little bit, so I assume that's what did it. Switched the stockers back on the front, and might do the same on the rear. So far, I'm not missing the bent links!

Mike
speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:22 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I guess I wasn't imagining things when I thought my bent links tended to bind more than my straight links. I run straights up front and bents in the rear.
DNAMRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:47 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I ran the sac racing delron bent links for Months on end and never broke one I think it just may be the links you guys are getting, I have yet to bust a link or rod end
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

alot of breaking links and ends (or any part for that matter) has to do with just how tough you are on your rig

I cant think of one part that I have ever broken that wasn't clearly my fault

the trick is to not push your rig when when its bound up. Clearer heads must prevail.The only time I can think that it is worth it to try and use just brute force to make the truck get out of situation is when you are close to winning in a comp. Other than that, I would rather pick up my rig, and set it back a couple of feet and re-try the line.

Broken parts suck, and yeah it is all part of the hobby. However the way that I see it, I would rather be crawling, and not fixing.

Now, having said that, the other part of not breaking things is to be sure you installed the part properly, and that it is functioning in the way it was designed to. If you dont put it together right, then its gonna break.

just my .00000000002
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote