Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Short wheelbase chassis???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #1

Default Short wheelbase chassis???

Ok....help a newbie out!

Anyone here know of a MRC chassis that has around a 7" wheelbase and 11" overall length???
ptcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

In order to get what you want, your going to want to get a kit that has delrin links so that you can cut them to the size you need.

The mixer chassis by RcBros comes with delrin links, all you will need to do is shave 1/2 inch off of each upper and lower link (the mixer sets the chassis at 8" wheelbase, 1/2 inch off of each end link will shorten the chassis up to 7"s)

Now, as far as overall length, thats going to depend on what tire you are running. The larger flatirons are going to make the overall length longer than the shorter blue claws.

Its up to you at that point whether to live with the longer overall length, or shorten the links further to achieve the 11" wheelbase you want.
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
In order to get what you want, your going to want to get a kit that has delrin links so that you can cut them to the size you need.

The mixer chassis by RcBros comes with delrin links, all you will need to do is shave 1/2 inch off of each upper and lower link (the mixer sets the chassis at 8" wheelbase, 1/2 inch off of each end link will shorten the chassis up to 7"s)

Now, as far as overall length, thats going to depend on what tire you are running. The larger flatirons are going to make the overall length longer than the shorter blue claws.

Its up to you at that point whether to live with the longer overall length, or shorten the links further to achieve the 11" wheelbase you want.
THANKS!

I'm going to check out that chassis. The body I am using (New Bright 1:15 FJ Cruiser) is 11" bumper to bumper, wheel hub center to center would be about 7". Sorry if I posted wrong info. I want to stick with a scaler build as best I can....smaller tires.

Here are some pics of what I have to work with:

ptcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
RCC Addict

That's gonna be a tight build. look through the MRC archieve pictures there is a guy that did what your fixing to do. I would suggest going the scale chassis route like the l-trail or the sac racing chassis. I think rcbro's was working on one but not sure if he ever finished it. you can build your own links like soudcolor said to get your wheel base and a scale chassis will let you do that easier. you can find the scale chassis links in the sticky for the MRC good luck and post your progress.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Where did you buy that New Bright from?
snowblader13 is offline   Reply With Quote