Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Electric Problem, What Do You Guys Think?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Electric Problem, What Do You Guys Think?

I have a 3 month old mini. It's basically totally stock, except I've added a deans connector to the esc, a Holmes Hobbies Torque Master, and I'm using a 1100mah nimh aquacraft battery. I dipped it in a small puddle the first time i ran it. I immeadiately disconnected the battery and took apart the esc and reciever and let them dry completely before puting the whole system back together. I tried it later that day and it ran fine. Have ran it twice since then, and both times ran a whole battery through it with no problems. On sunday I was out playing with it, and it seemed to die. I figured it was the battery as I had been running it for over 45 minutes. So today I charged the battery and tried to play with it a little. The crawler doesn't respond to the transmitter at all. I tried to rebind it, and although the transmitter light stops blinking, the reciever doesn't stop. Also the orange led on the esc blinks along with the reciever led. Anyone have a guess? Is it just the reciever, esc, or transmitter?
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I had the same kinda problem as you are describing. Everything was working fine then just stopped, i didn't get it wet though, i tried everything as you and couldn't get it working, i tried changing the batteries in the Transmitter and to my surprise it worked.

Last edited by snowblader13; 08-12-2009 at 08:01 PM.
snowblader13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have a problem that sounds similar, seems like the truck and remote don't bind together.

I've found opening the battery box and rolling the batteries on the remote fix this problem. Could be crappy stock losi batteries? Loose contacts in the remote? ghosts? Who knows...
Subarutex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarutex View Post
rolling the batteries on the remote fix this problem...
Rolling dying batteries on their terminals will often revive them for a short time (or find that last bit of juice?)...I have great practice, and success, doing this on a variety of remote controls (tv/dvd/vcr, etc), it works on my battery operated mice and, as you suggested, the Losi Tx.

To the OP, yes, try changing the Tx batteries.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Strangly enough i never heard that rolling the batteries around would give things a bit more juice i will have to try that the next time something acts up
snowblader13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Thanks guys, good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'll have to try that tonight.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #7

Had the same exact thing happen to me, and yes changing the Tx batteries worked!
ctraut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Happy to report, that's exactly what it was. Put some new batteries in, and it works perfectly. Thanks again guys.