Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: KK MRC Zero + battery mounting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default KK MRC Zero + battery mounting?

I believe Ive searched and read all the build threads for this chassis and seems that every one is running lipo. I really have no desire to run lipo cant afford it now even if I wanted to anyway. I need an opinion. My idea is to run three cells on the front servo/elec. tray (behind the servo) and three cells on the side of the chassis utilizing the battery mount designed into the chassis plate. Do you think that 3 2/3a nimh batteries are to heavy for the side of this chassis? Any input is appreciated. TIA
toyw/me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I personally wouldn't do it. But if that is the only option you have I would try to mount

it up and see how you like it. Its all about trial and error.

Maybe try mounting them on front and rear axle.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Running a 2cell lipo(900mah) straped to the side of he chassis. Works well, ballances the car well, easy to change....
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I have seen the KK zero in person, and this is what I would do if I were you

I would run the three cells you are talking about behind the servo, and then duplicate that on the rear servo mount.

So basically, take your 6 cell pack and split it in half.

I believe that would work best for weight balance
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I wouldn't think so I have that chassis and I still cant make up my damn mind where to mount my battery but give it a shot and post up some pictures when you get done!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default Update

Sorry no pics yet my camera decided to not work anymore. Anyway after some experimenting and testing 3 nimh 2/3a cell on the side of the chassis fit great and balance the rig out side to side almost perfect, but I did not like the three cells on the front servo/elec tray, left it sitting to high and at full stuff the battery touched the chassis. So I put a different servo tray on and went back to the trusty lexan tray on the front upper links and all is good. This lowered the battery 1/2 inch and doesn't hinder any articulation. Another note I made was when you mount something heavy and kinda tall on those servo/elec. mounts when the tires move up and down whatever you have mounted leans side to side alot thus I think would transfer weight to the down hill side and we know thats bad. Mounting on the upper links the object doesnt move or lean side to side at all, only up and down. I will get some pics up soon after I mount and paint up the body. Hope this can help someone because this site has been a huge help to me.
toyw/me is offline   Reply With Quote