Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Just starting..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Just starting..

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the crawling other then a year ago I tried my hands at modding a wheelie king but found it not to be what I liked. Since then I've been running mini's on my track but have found some local people that all get together and crawl so I decided to pull the trigger and ordered a MRC.
I have several lipo's and would like to run those instead of the stock battery but not sure if the stock ESC can handle it. I do have a LVC that can be used if needed. Tell I can get a BL set up for this truck I would like to keep it as is.
Also wondering if a HS-65hb would be a good upgrade over stock servo since I have a few not being used?

One last thing..lol
I just got a Futaba 3pm 2.4 MX TX and am just learning about all the different functions and wanted to see if there's any settings this TX will help me in crawling.
Thanks for any help and I look forward to reading and learning threw all the info you guys have added to the threads..
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Well the stock esc can handle it but it dosen't have a cut off so becareful when using lipo not to over discharge them. For the servo anything that metal geared with more power would be better. I think the stock servo has about 40-50oz of power. For the futaba radio sorry but I dont have one so can help there.
wheelhead4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Hey thanks. I will just use a LVC with my lipo's to make sure not to damage them.
The HS-65 HB are Karbonite gears so should be better then stock but not sure if the SS will work or if I need another one. Also the the power seems to be about the same as stock servo and that don't make me to happy at $25 a pop.
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote