Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: LOSI Carbon Fiber servo / lipo mount - any PICS with full size servo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default LOSI Carbon Fiber servo / lipo mount - any PICS with full size servo?

I'm getting the Losi CF mount and would like to see pics of them with a full size servo.

I am going to be using the 600 lipo also.

I don't have either as they are in shipping, but just looking at the truck, seems like a tight fit!
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I just got the plate and battery in (part of the Losi Promotion) and I don't really see how you would fit a full size servo on it. Using the battery and stock mini servo fit just right, no extra room from what I can tell. But I am really new to this so I could be wrong.

I am looking at it while I type and maybe if you stand the battery up and drill some new holes for the servo you could make the fullsize work. I will be curious to see others responses.
notez2beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by notez2beat View Post
I just got the plate and battery in (part of the Losi Promotion) and I don't really see how you would fit a full size servo on it. Using the battery and stock mini servo fit just right, no extra room from what I can tell. But I am really new to this so I could be wrong.

I am looking at it while I type and maybe if you stand the battery up and drill some new holes for the servo you could make the fullsize work. I will be curious to see others responses.
Isn't the Lipo shaped like an ice cube? I thought it was square so not sure how you stand it up, but again, I don't have it yet.

Drilling new holes is necessary, but wanted to see how much room is available.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

It isn't perfectly square all the way around. It is wider than it is thick so you could stand it up and that might allow you to make enough room to drill the new holes.
notez2beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I would like to see pics too. I use the mini with the lipo and would like to do a full size servo but dont want to loose the front mount battery on the plate. It convenient. Of course I have full size servos laying around but have never taken the time to see how they would mount up
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman View Post
Isn't the Lipo shaped like an ice cube? I thought it was square so not sure how you stand it up, but again, I don't have it yet.

Drilling new holes is necessary, but wanted to see how much room is available.
The losi 600 is square in length and width, but is pretty thin. Not sure what the plate looks like, but I would imagine you could make it work. The front servo mount/4 link plate for the GC2 that I have fit a full size and a 600 lipo side by side without rubbing UNTIL I tweaking the steering. If you leave the knuckles, and steering links alone you'll be fine. Once you start going for more steering then you will have rubbing issues.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Got the plate and lipo last night...will post what I come up with.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just did it, another mini servo fried tonite so I dug out some old full size ones I had laying around. There very old probably 8 years old. Im using the lipo plate and had to move over one side of servo mount 1/4 or less. Had to hand make all the linkage, luckily I had laying around solid aluminum rod and extra rod ends so it all worked out.

Im not really sure if this is considered a full size servo, its the same sizes ive used 10 years ago, but some pics for the mrc look to have huge servos. This is just the type ive grown up with but I assume its a full size servo.

Found this type on this site to get Hitec hs-645mg, will be looking tomorrow for one.
The one I have doesnt turn on carpet good but on wood its okay, but I see having more torque would be better. I also maybe see more turning radius, but hard to tell. It does barely hit the battery but wont do any damage. I also run a lower body and no problems with the servo hitting the body yet.

Hopefully I didnt screw myself and widen the mounts for a smaller servo. Hopefully a few mm wont matter if the new one is slightly bigger.

I like the added bling the linkages make.

Last edited by mikegigabyte; 12-15-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:14 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Good job on that!

I have decided to mount the servo by itself and put the 600 LIPO on the links.

On my Snipe chassis, the shocks come down from the center of the chassis and the plate hits the springs.

LOSI CARBON FIBER PLATE FOR SALE!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascman View Post
Good job on that!

I have decided to mount the servo by itself and put the 600 LIPO on the links.

On my Snipe chassis, the shocks come down from the center of the chassis and the plate hits the springs.

LOSI CARBON FIBER PLATE FOR SALE!

where did you get the chassis, looks good
have you driven with it yet?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

No...I've been busting my butt and wallet to get this thing running for our comp on Sunday and I keep hitting walls!

This is the original Snipe built by DMG (Zorlac)...the newer V2 uses the Grappler body and is bad-ass. He makes nice stuff. Check out the NAT too.

I'll do a build thread after she runs, but here is sneak peek..the "hood" is just to make it comp legal and was all I could come up with: