Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Problem with GC3 Lower Links

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Problem with GC3 Lower Links

While putting my GC3 together I ran into an issue w/ the lower suspension links. The instructions call for the use of flange-less rod ends at the chassis end of the links. However, the links will not spread enough to screw onto the axle without binding a noticeable amount.

Has anyone else had this problem, or am I just over-thinking it?

I have a fix in mind - get a set of flanged rod ends from my LHS to replace the non-flanged ones, and to account for the extra mounting width they require, run a long 3mm screw all the way through the chassis, replacing the two provided 3mm screws for attaching the links. The side benefit of this would be allowing for the use of a nylock to secure everything, rather than Loktite + two standard nuts as the kit calls for... This would probably make lots more sense if I posted a pic.

Anyway, just wanted to see if other GC3 folks had thoughts on the problem I'm having.

- Chris
Csnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #2

I also had this problem.... I like your idea for a fix just one single long screw with nuts on each end, but the problem is, the end of the link that holds the ball hits the chassis.

I just loosened the 3mm nuts that hold on the links on the bottom of the chassis. This alows the ends more room to move without hitting the chassis. Mine are very loose and I still haven't lost one. Most likely because they're so close together.

BTW where are you mounting your electronics.... I still have to figure out where Im going to put mine :l
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I just loosened up the two nuts a bit and sanded the skid plate for more clearance. works great now
EKIM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

All you have to do is slightly sand the hard edge off the corner where the link is hitting.
I posted up a pic in Gatekeepers build.
Gatekeeper's mini GC3
J

Last edited by jdawg53; 01-13-2010 at 06:16 AM.
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote