Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: pro line rims and tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default pro line rims and tires

I just picked up a pair of pro-line beadlocks and pro-line flat irons haven't taken them out yet just woundering what other peeps think bout the flat-irons and the pro-line beadlocks. I like the bead locks but I didn't no the acuttal rim was plastic I hope they hold up? I'm thinking bout gettinng the chissels but idk yet any thoughts ????
herburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i really like my flatirons, how ever i did chop off every other lug of tread! they work great!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

After a lot of abuse, I can firmly say.... the rims will take a beating. Mine are finally starting to wear out in the hexes...

As for the flat irons, cut every other lug off, (search for the butchered flat iron thread), and add about 6 oz in the front, and none in the rear. Then use the stock proline memory foams up front, and round up a set of stock axial 2.2 foams cut down for width in the rear and the are great. I would cut every other row of lugs off the rear tho...

Read the thread and you'll understand the principle
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
BC1

I have flat irons as well and have no complaints
BC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #5

I just got my rims and proline flat irons today... install was easy and they work 100 times better than stock
freeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:11 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I'm currently running the Dark Soul rims on my MRC but I have plans to use those on a HONCO I'm hopeing my lovely wife gets me for my birth day. I plan to get the proline beadlocks for my MRC when that happens. As Far As tires go I think the chisels and flat irons are great tires it really depends on the terrian your crawling on to decide which is the best of the two. I'm currently happy with the cobras and the more I read about the hot bodies rover 1.9's they might find a way to my bench
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcolor View Post
After a lot of abuse, I can firmly say.... the rims will take a beating. Mine are finally starting to wear out in the hexes...

As for the flat irons, cut every other lug off, (search for the butchered flat iron thread), and add about 6 oz in the front, and none in the rear. Then use the stock proline memory foams up front, and round up a set of stock axial 2.2 foams cut down for width in the rear and the are great. I would cut every other row of lugs off the rear tho...

Read the thread and you'll understand the principle
R u adding weight to the front to put more weight up front and what kind of weights u using. I'm running the stock servo and plastic lockers and witht the weight of the rims and size of the flat-irons I now I'm going to rip those apart any suggetions on a new servo and lockers.

And these damn losi alum shocks leak like a stuck pig what can I do to stop this.
herburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

The theory for adding more weight up front is simple.

The heavier something is, the harder it is to move.

The lower the weight, the the more stable.

Thus adding weight to the front.

Now, as to how I add MT weight, well....

Lead heated on a pot until liquid, poured into a mold the width of the channel. Let cool, wrap and cut.

Works best
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
BC1

I had to eun a small aluminum wheel widener to run the flat irons and they also made my rig much more stable on side hilling.
BC1 is offline   Reply With Quote