Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: GC3 upper links hitting on shock springs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default GC3 upper links hitting on shock springs

I finished up my GC3 conversion and I am having a problem with the upper links on the four link hitting the shock springs. It then pushes the spring of the spring perch. I have the top of the shocks spaced out with a 3mm nut but it is still not enough. If I mount the links on the inside of the chassis, will it mess up the geometry? The upper links would be parallel and not have the triangle shape. I also tried taking the springs off but I need more ground clearance for the crawling that I do. Is there better spring perches that would keep the spring on better? I am still using stock shocks. Thanks

Last edited by Psycho-Savvy; 01-24-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Psycho-Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
RCC Addict

What shocks are you running?
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I am still running the stockers
Psycho-Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #4

i run my uppers mounted to the inside of the chassis on the lowest hole. the lower links end up hitting the rod end and limit articulation perfectly(for me) , but it also gets you the clearance you need for the shocks.
Toddwick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Space the lower shocks out. Use M2x20mm screws and move the rod ends to the outside of the shock mounts.
Mutant_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

If you will put a 7/16 spacer inside your shocks to make them shorter the problem will go away,it will still hit the spring but it will not knock it off the perch.The best thing to do would be get the vendeta shocks they are the right height and they are very smooth and they will not leak shock oil everywhere like the losi ones .To get the 4 link dialed in that is where they had to be ,try limiting the shocks first and see how you like it
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant_Xj View Post
Space the lower shocks out. Use M2x20mm screws and move the rod ends to the outside of the shock mounts.
That is what I did as well, using a set of Hot Racing threaded shocks, and found it to be the best overall solution. In addition to using 2x20mm screws to mount the shocks, I placed an MRC 2mm link ball where the lower shock was originally mounted, so as to keep the outer link tabs better supported.

I tried mounting the upper links to the inside of the chassis, but that caused the driveshaft to contact the link hardware on compression.

I've been needing to post my build thread for a week or so - I'll try to get to it tonight and include photos of how my shocks are setup.

- Chris
Csnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
If you will put a 7/16 spacer inside your shocks to make them shorter the problem will go away,it will still hit the spring but it will not knock it off the perch.The best thing to do would be get the vendeta shocks they are the right height and they are very smooth and they will not leak shock oil everywhere like the losi ones .To get the 4 link dialed in that is where they had to be ,try limiting the shocks first and see how you like it
I think I would listen to this guy
sounds like vendeta shocks are the way to go.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote