Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My New Tuber Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My New Tuber Chassis

Got this the other day, I think only about a week to get from Ecoli
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143606

Had 2 choices with the kit, use stock type mounting plates for the motor and suspension, or use the belly pan. Had to really pay attention to all my measurements and layout for the 4 link. Got it on the first shot
Does make it alot lower and so far handles great compared to my other chassis I had. Originally mounted lexan panels but didnt like how they bent up around the screws, so I made some panels from scrap aluminum, after etching them black. Gives it a painted look but it wont come off as easily as paint. Barely got the electronics in, I wanted them hidden. For $80 shipped the quality is great, just what I expected, even came painted silver. My dirty fingers have already darkened the paint job where ive been handling it, but it helps blend everything in. I like the low stance of the roof, and if the shock mounts were a 1/2 inch higher it could be driven upside down.

Anyways here are some crappy work shop pics, was out to late making the body panels so no outside pics yet.

mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

That look terrific, Ecoli did a great job!
Krawler Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm so jealous. He sent mine out last weekend and I'm still waiting on my skunk to get here. Got any pics of the underside? And how is it with the flat Irons? Any rubbing? It looks really nice.
Mutant_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant_Xj View Post
I'm so jealous. He sent mine out last weekend and I'm still waiting on my skunk to get here. Got any pics of the underside? And how is it with the flat Irons? Any rubbing? It looks really nice.
Tires wont rub because the shock are limited internally, they do rub on the lower suspension rods but thats because it turns so sharp.

I changed the bellypan a bit hoping it would help the suspension rods move more, but I need to make the arch bigger. It also helps with keeping it from hanging up.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I had one of the countersunk screws on the belly pan snap last night fron a slow flip over. Its the screw for the lower suspension bar. They are the mrc ones. I bought some traxxas ball ends and used those instead, but I had to get M3 screws, and since everything is taller now I couldnt get my tranny in. I had to raise the tranny using ground down ball parts from the mrc. This lifted it up a hair to clear the nuts. Here is a pic

Used slightly longer screws for the tranny mount.

Hopefully this will strengthen it up. I had also been running alot of weight so I took them out and now its alot lighter. Still climbs up at a 55 degree angle using my angle board with a piece of carpet. Since this chassis is alit different from my other one I can loose alot of weight i had before because this one really works without much work.

Picked up some stainless screws for the body panels.

Im hoping with less wheel weight it will handle better at a sideways angle, as the tires wont flip it over as early as before, plus it may cut down on damage because those wheels were very heavy and when it would tumble down a rock there was alot of mass moving around.

Last edited by mikegigabyte; 01-30-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #6

cant wait for mine!
b00sted08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

looks nice man. what about putting the lower links closer togather like the big losi or gc 3 is that would stop the links from hitting
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
looks nice man. what about putting the lower links closer togather like the big losi or gc 3 is that would stop the links from hitting

I was trying to use the ones I had on hand without making more custom ones, my problem is everything is in the way because of the size of the parts
It ended up working out so far.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

good deal how ids it working
Old 02-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

i have a v2 snipe but its a lil to top heavy for our club it i spend to much time on the lid so im trying a sling shot an if that dont work im going to a gc3
Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Looks good Mike, I like the mods you did. As for the bellypan screws, don't be afraid to use button head hardware ! I use it all the time and it doesn't get hung up on rocks any more than the rest of the chassis. The aluminum for the bellypan is pretty thin, so button heads help with any strength issues.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Dude, that thing looks awesome.
Crawl_Before_Walking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

SHOW OFF..lol
MRCking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

looks sick