Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Gatekeeper GC-3 Chassis Availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Gatekeeper GC-3 Chassis Availability

I wand to buy a Duratrax Gatekeeper GC-3 chassis but every place I looked says they are out of stock. Does anyone know who has them still instock?
Paul97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #2

Default Try RC Planet

I ordered mine at RC planet about 3 days ago. Granted I will wait till the box comes but it was the only site that actually listed that it was in stock. good luck
jonrwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

They should be coming in very soon. I would place one on backorder through TCS or Tower Hobbies that way you are sure to get one when they come into stock.
J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I ordered mine from TCS when it was still in stock.
They got it shipped to me in no time flat, So Id highly recomend them.
Captain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrwall View Post
I ordered mine at RC planet about 3 days ago. Granted I will wait till the box comes but it was the only site that actually listed that it was in stock. good luck

Good luck--I ordered mine from rc planet on 1-25-10---website stated they were in stock, I called and they stated it was in stock. I ordered from them (even though it was more expensive than their competitors), glad to pay the extra money just to get it. I checked their tracking on my order...and it said it was in stock and shipped.

Guess what....I received my order....missing the chassis--they list it as backordered on the packing slip.

I never would have ordered it from them (and the misc small items i added to the order) if they had stated the truth about their availability.

If I knew I was going to have to wait, I would have ordered it from ckrc for a much lower price ( http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=2367 ) or tsc- who I've had excellent luck with.

I understand not having a product in stock, I don't understand LYING to me and taking my money, then telling me it is not in stock. RCPLANET will NEVER receive my business again.

Oh well, live and learn.
rube bonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Brians Hobby Land has one in stock
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:20 AM   #7

Default Lack of Supply

I am truly getting frustrated by the lack of supply for certain MRC hop ups (specifically aftermarket chassis.) It is discouraging when several chassis manufacturers/vendors list these items, only to have them be out of stock. Additionally, I have emailed several of them to check on availability and to date have received 0 responses from 2 of them.

I think there should be a policy whereas if a product is not in stock after a given period of time, the ad for it should be removed from the vendors section of this website.

It finally ends up with you going to what is available, even if it is not your first choice. Pretty sad.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:02 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrwall View Post
I am truly getting frustrated by the lack of supply for certain MRC hop ups (specifically aftermarket chassis.) It is discouraging when several chassis manufacturers/vendors list these items, only to have them be out of stock. Additionally, I have emailed several of them to check on availability and to date have received 0 responses from 2 of them.

I think there should be a policy whereas if a product is not in stock after a given period of time, the ad for it should be removed from the vendors section of this website.

It finally ends up with you going to what is available, even if it is not your first choice. Pretty sad.

I agree with some of that, these need to be in stock
Old 01-31-2010, 08:12 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Brians Hobby Land has one in stock
I have been looking for one of these also. I wonder if they truely do have it.
93-306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

We have been dealing with the same issues with suppliers. When your dealing with an instant gratification hobby like this,and people are still spending alot of money in hard times! Nothings worse than spend your money,and have smoke blown up your @$$ about the status of your parts!!! It seems their is little to no customer service anymore,from alot of buisnesses!

That being said I would also like to know who has them INSTOCK,I need a new chassis and would like to see one first. I'll be hitting up RPP as I've ALLWAYS had good luck with them. If it's not instock they will tell you.
Straightjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #11
RCC Addict

There is only 2 of them that I know about and 1 is at www.brianshobbyland.net and the other is at rchobbies in huntsville AL
Old 01-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #12
RCC Addict

This chassis kit will definatly be worth the wait guys.I hate waiting as much as the next guy when I finally get the money to buy parts,but I've learned the hard way it is better to wait for the best then to buy somthing else that's in stock and than replace it later with what I realy wanted to begin with.
Austin and Duratrax have produced in my opinon the best perfoming,most complete kit out and it will be back in stock soon.
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
BC1

i bought mine from rc planet on 1-22-10 and it showed up yesterday as promised. sounds like i got the last one
BC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Just ordered from brians hobbyland, we'll see what happens!
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklewagon View Post
Just ordered from brians hobbyland, we'll see what happens!
if he had it in stock when you bought it you should see it soon
Old 01-31-2010, 10:05 PM   #16

When is Duratrax going to produce more?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Yes gatekeeper, said it was is stock, but it is Sunday and don't know how they update their inventory, got a auto generated email confirmation, I'll fill you in soon!
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
When is Duratrax going to produce more?
They are already produced and should be in stock very soon. I recommend you put one on backorder at your LHS, TCS or Tower Hobbies.
J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
They are already produced and should be in stock very soon. I recommend you put one on backorder at your LHS, TCS or Tower Hobbies.
J
There ya go boys,straight from the man that would know!
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #20

Angry RC Planet also out of stock

Got a call from them today. Caller informed me that they had delayed my shipment while they waited for the chassis from a supplier. Needless to say supplier did not have the chassis. Declined to back order.