Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: steering mod with suprise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default steering mod with suprise

Well i got around to finally grinding the axles for more clearance tonight..
First off my 4yr wanted to help seeing he drives it more than me ..so i give him a mission while i go to the garage for some grinding ...I get back in and we start to assemble.We get everything hooked up and tested and i relise the arm is hitting the servo plate and the arms so i go out and take a bit off them ..I come back in to see my son crying ... Dad don't be mad !!! I ask what did you do?? He says im not telling if your gonna be mad .. (I smell something burnt and see my pliers and what used to be the battery leads ....Im not mad did you cut the wires ? yes dad ok no problem he got really scared from the smoke and sparks lol and he went to bed i fixed the battery funny story figured id share..

On to the mod What a big difference i took off quite a bit and it turns great!!!.. stock tires almost hit the front lower links.... with the 4 wheel drive i can see the chirping of the tires like on a spooled chevelle gonna have to get metal lockers now for sure !!! I also found the aftermarket lower links were binding and so was the aftermarket steering linkage( Came with truck) .. I put back the stock ones much better !!!

Love the site great tips here thanks all ..
Here is a pic of the full range .. Its like driving a different truck my son should do much better now may have to post another video of him
bigbeave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #2

Default Gotta love those kids

Man kids are a blessing. Would trade mine for anything...not even more time to run my MRC. Just think that kids got a lesson in batteries today. My 2 year old drives mine all the time...he just doesnt know when to let off the throttle...good post brother.
firejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default quality time

Yeah theres nothing on these things that cant be fixed. As for the quality time cant think of a better way to spend time with my boys. Dread the day they discover girls and im just their annoying old man who wants to play with rc cars on prom night.
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Did you grind the end of the bones too?

If not, the tires will bump out every time it spins to a certain point.
mascman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Yes i ground the bone and made the slots deeper
bigbeave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Nice Mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskancrawler View Post
.......... Dread the day they discover girls and im just their annoying old man who wants to play with rc cars on prom night.
I'm almost there with my oldest^^^^... :-( But there's 2 yougner ones that still think Dad's cool.

Sorry..saw "Dad's" posting and had to jump in...
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Drill your stock Cs and make them Zero Ackerman and you will have to much slop. Mine will pop the outer free from the inner without the EP set correctly. Gotta tweak on the servo and make sure the horn on mine is right. I just did this last night after having the mod you done for about 2 weeks. Crazy difference.

And for the dad comment- My daughter can spot Jeeps in a parking lot full of cars and loves to drive the crawler at 2 so i think i have her on the right path...

Cole
JOMJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote