Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Small but big upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #1

Default Small but big upgrades

Hi everyone, first thread of my own here.

I recently purchase a used mini in all stock form. Originally I was impressed by what it could do, but much like the rest of the folks here I realized it needed a few upgrades.

This weekend I decided to throw on a few goodies.
First off, I ditched the stock tires for some AMAZING Hot Bodies 1.9 Rovers. I must say, these things are stickier than a bed sheet after....
you spill pancake syrup on em

Second I upgraded the servo to a full size (Futaba S3305). I also, eliminated the spring mechanism on the arm for a more direct steering output.

Thirdly, I threw on an aluminum drag link and tie rod.

Lastly, I made some lowering brackets out of 20 gauge steel that raised the upper shock mounts about 1/2 inch and moved the top of the shocks forward about 1/4 inch. This helped to lower the CG and gives the shocks a closer to 1:1 ratio on compression. However, I still need to throw some fuel tubing inside the shock bodies to limit the droop.

A near future mod is a homemade 4-link. I'm not sure how I want to mount the upper links. I'd like to keep them as outboard as possible, but I may mount them under the new servo plate to help triangulate the uppers. Not sure yet. Regardless, torque twist is about to be gone!

I'll post pics of the truck as soon as I find my camera. I may have left it on my last trip to Johnson Valley. Ooooops.

Last edited by crazyracer; 02-09-2010 at 10:26 PM.
crazyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

post up some pics!
resetpunk is offline   Reply With Quote