Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Annihilator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 1.9 Annihilator

Hello. I am new to the whole comp side of crawlers. I decided i would buy an MRC and test the waters with it. I got some parts from 4xFord in a trade (Thanks) and started putting it together. Well I got the Annihilator put together and the front and rear axles are like jammed over to one side, and it is affecting the articulation. I have never dealt with links so i dont know if i messed up there somewhere? pics....

Scale_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #2

Are your upper links in the same holes on each side? Are your upper/lower links the same length from side to side?

In that second pic it almost looks as if your spreader (all-thread with nuts) is pushing the chassis further apart than it is at the bottom near the skid. Is it just the way the pic looks?
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

It's the way the pic looks , and yes they are all n the same holes. I havnt measured links because they come pre cut with the kit so i didnt second guess it.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Moderator Rule Breaker

On the Chassis, move the front upper links down to bottom hole.

For the rear links move it one hole down.

On the axle end try move the links back hole. You want try get the suspension to "relax"

If you can do the samething at the axle end on the front moving the links on the link plate, it help also getting your caster back where it need to be so you don't loose steering.

Also here some links to other Annihilator builds.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/searc...archid=1605725

Last edited by eric113; 02-12-2010 at 01:22 PM.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

The axle plates look like you have the rear on the front and viseversa. I may be wrong and it shouldn't make a difference. By chance when you used the traxxas rod ends did you grab one of the four short ends that come in the bag? My pics on my build thread don't show the plates well on the rig. Good luck.
Arcain41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Make sure you have the right links in the right places...The lowers are just a little longer than the uppers looks like you may have them all mixed up :? You also need some shorter shocks those stock shocks are to long for that chassis Why did you add extensions to the end of the chassis ?
sddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcain41 View Post
The axle plates look like you have the rear on the front and viseversa. I may be wrong and it shouldn't make a difference. By chance when you used the traxxas rod ends did you grab one of the four short ends that come in the bag? My pics on my build thread don't show the plates well on the rig. Good luck.
I have the Front on the Front, etc. It may be possible that i grabbed some of the shorter ones. I didnt know there were longer and shorter ones so i will have to check that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
Make sure you have the right links in the right places...The lowers are just a little longer than the uppers looks like you may have them all mixed up :? You also need some shorter shocks those stock shocks are to long for that chassis Why did you add extensions to the end of the chassis ?
I have the links right, the lowers are tapered for the MRC rod ends so i didnt mess that up. Not sure what you are talking about by extensions, I didnt add anything. I have different shocks on the way along with some rovers to go on my DNA snipers that i got from 4xFord as well.

Thanks for the help guys, ill see what i cant figure out.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Double check your links. Make sure all the uppers are the same length and all the lowers are the same length. As Arcain41 said above, you might of grabbed the shorter ends and put them on. It might be the angle of the pic, but to me it looks like the rod ends are two different lengths on the left and right uppers.
Attached Images

awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Well I just got a chance to look at it again, and sure enough i managed to get 3 out of 4 of these shorter rod ends (i can't believe i missed it), and as eric113 stated my suspension was a little too tight also, so i moved some things around and it is all straightend out now. I will get some new pics posted tomorrow hopefully.

Once again, thanks for all the help.

Last edited by Scale_Crawler; 02-12-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #10
TEAM MODERATOR

Glad you might have found the problem. The difference between some parts we use on these crawlers is so small,it's easy to overlook sometimes. Let us know how it turns out. I'll be glad to help in any way I can.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Well I got it straightened out. The shokcs dont look straight in pics for some reason. Anyways, Got different shocks on, hacked up the stock body for now and threw it on too and some DNA bling. Im not sure about the shocks though, i think i want a little more flex than what i got now. What do you guys think?

Still to come:
Rovers
Hitec 645MG
BEC
Grappler or Bug? Help!!!!

Sorry about the pics my camera prefers perfect studio lighting...

Old 02-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

There ya go. She's lookin' good.

Flex looks good, too. As a general place to start, a tire's height worth of flex is about right, so I wouldn't add any until you drive her first.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
There ya go. She's lookin' good.

Flex looks good, too. As a general place to start, a tire's height worth of flex is about right, so I wouldn't add any until you drive her first.
That is maxed out right there, no more available. Once i get a tire on the rim i doubt i have a tires worth...we'll see though.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Much better That is plenty of flex for these little guys..You will see when you drive it
sddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

cool
dudeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Lookin' good. Wheels go good with the body
bluechevytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Looks good. I like the blue wheels. Good choice.
THE PARTS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
Much better That is plenty of flex for these little guys..You will see when you drive it
Thanks, I hope it is. I dont want anywhere near the amount of flex it had but i was thinking i might want a little more...Like you said, ill see when i drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeka View Post
cool
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechevytuber View Post
Lookin' good. Wheels go good with the body
Thanks, The body isnt staying for long...Bug or Grappler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PARTS GUY View Post
Looks good. I like the blue wheels. Good choice.
Thanks man.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Shes a runner! Got some rovers and mounted em up. I also mounted up an HS-225MG that i had laying around and an aluminum horn. Wired up a BEC for it also. I ordered the Proline bug body and it should be in by tuesday, shes gettin shot in Pactra True Pearl Blue, and Outlaw Black. Also shaved the dogbones and cups.

This is gonna be it for a while. In a month or so when i get soem more money, Im gonna get 645 for it, and upgrade the drivelines. Why can't I have a money tree?

Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera is taking a crap on me

mmmmm, unmolested skidplate.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Nice work.
THE PARTS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.9, annihilator, mrc