Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Working on my MRC, learning a few things

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Working on my MRC, learning a few things

I've had this guy for about two weeks, I've done some mods and upgrades. It is a fun little truck to drive, but working on it has tought me a couple of things...

1. I am relearning all of the spanish curse words that I thought I had totally forgotten. I have also found that I have a knack for combining old curse phrases it totally new ones , especially when I see that itsy, bitsy, tiny E-clip flying passed my face and into that oblivion known as the the garage floor; or stripping out the flat-head screws that hold on the servo mount , why did Losi make the hexes that way?

2. The stock axial beadlock screws are a great replacement for the servo mount screws, the servo rests right on top and doesn't change the steering at all

3. What is hand-tight on an Axial is shearing force on the MRC, especially for that screw that holds the axel pinion gear on the shaft :?.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
especially when I see that itsy, bitsy, tiny E-clip flying passed my face and into that oblivion
That one had me laughing pretty good.

When I first got mine I felt the same way about alot of the stuff you mentioned.

Good luck and enjoy the build... and rebuild... and so on.
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I tottaly agree. I have had
one for a week and every time I try to work on it my eyes dry up and feel like they r gana fall out and my hands cramp up and turn Into claws.... And I'm only 19. I fell bad for some of the older people I have seen messing with these haha
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote