Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: low power on left back wheel..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 02:52 AM   #1

Default low power on left back wheel..

ok, im a totaly newb on this. my sons losi mini crawlers left back wheel is "loosing" power. Do i need to replace the diff - lockers or something?

if hold that wheel, the other 3 wheels will still turn, so they feel "locked" with the power from the motor, but the left back can be still while the other wheels are moving.

thankfull for help (bad english here...im from sweden).
jonnylocktong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I would take a look in the rear diff locker. I bet it's no good any more. Just pick up a the steel replacement and change it out.
wheelhead4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Check and make sure the wheel nut is tight, and the pin didn't fall out of the axel behind the hex. Not a very common problem(happened to my brother though), but if you didn't tighten the wheel down enough, it could be a possibility.

I am putting my money on the locker though. Get metal lockers for the front, rear, and center, and never look back.......
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Indeed, it's probably the locker. These are one of the first necessary replacements; if money is tight, do the front and rear first and the center when you can.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #5

tnks, was the locker..my son used my 2.2 wheels from my berg with 12 oz lead in them on his mrc...didnt work to well...:-) So i ordered a 2 new ones, front and rear from a-main..will probably take 8 weeks to get it here...:-) but i suceeded in "repairing" the locker with glue, a saw, a hammer, some small metal pieces and loads of violence...:-)
jonnylocktong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnylocktong View Post
tnks, was the locker..my son used my 2.2 wheels from my berg with 12 oz lead in them on his mrc...didnt work to well...:-) So i ordered a 2 new ones, front and rear from a-main..will probably take 8 weeks to get it here...:-) but i suceeded in "repairing" the locker with glue, a saw, a hammer, some small metal pieces and loads of violence...:-)
That's good stuff!
Yeah - those lockers didn't have a chance. Even 1.9 Flat Irons will tear 'em up. Glad you got a band-aid over it while you wait.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote