Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: gottorque's finally done build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default gottorque's finally done build

I originally got the mrc back in July of last year. in the next few months after that i did the usual freebie mods and bought new tires and wheels followed shortly by metal lockers all around. I drove the thing practically everyday and tried doing custom things to it but they didn't work so well. Eventually things started breaking, mostly the stock esc. i managed to put an old t maxx servo on it with the Losi lipo plate. But by the time the stock esc gave out, it sat as i had no income and no money to replace it
Fast forward to May of this year. i had gotten a job and was able to put some good money into it and do things right and i finally got it running last Friday night. this isn't much of a "build" thread but its more like a thread about it.
Specs
TCS Edge Mini Tuber chassis
RcBros 4 link mounts and custom links
Traxxas XXL Big bores all around( stock shocks fit but barely, looked kinda dumb also)
Maximizer wheels and butchered Flat Irons(for now)
Castle Creations Mamba Micro Pro and stock motor( waiting for the Mini Torqmasters to get back in stock
Holmes Hobbies 1300 2s lipo
Airtronics servo
Losi/Spektrum TX/RX...stock

0606002152.jpg
0606002251.jpg

0606002251a.jpg

0606002253a.jpg

Yes i know, i can here some of you saying "that's not comp legal". Yup i don't comp and i wanted it to be out there and different and to me it seems like a cross between a Mini Super, a rock racer and scaler IMOP. If there was not a minimum wheelbase spec for the Super class i could probably run it in that
More updates to come as well as pics from its first real run
Attached Images

gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
RCC Addict

That looks pretty sweet! Good job!
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Schweet looking rig.

One comment though... Focus...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I got its first good run in today, as i spent most of it crawling with one of my buddy's. as it is a "new" rig its to be expected to have some problems. we got to our first spot and the TX unbound from the RX and i didn't have a bind plug. My buddy had a couple of junk servos so i made one. No biggie. One of the major ones was the all-thread was pulling out of the rod ends...constantly. so i CA'd them together so i could keep it running the rest of the day. One thing i did notice was that it is really narrow for its length and would want to flop over on stuff it should be able to clear. wheel wideners are on order. Im waiting to get new tires untill i destroy the FI's. And about the motor, it ran pretty hot all day and got pretty close to smoking as i could smell it from several feet away. In a last ditch effort to save it, I cut some of the lexan out from the motor side panel
It finally burnt up on my buddys crawler course at his house, but at the time i thought i thermaled the esc. I let it cool and turns out it is the motor. The only other damage was rock rash on the chassis, but it looks better that wayIm also loving LIPO life.

I only managed to get one pic of it out crawling. we were too busy crawling and fixing

Old 06-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #5

how do those bi bores work out for you on there?
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
how do those bi bores work out for you on there?
they work well...pretty smooth and leak free. To prevent the drive shafts from popping out at full droop when picked up, there is quite a bit of fuel tubing in side them. Im still working on shock set up as 50 wt is a little stiff for this particular setup and the shocks. They look good to as they fit the build. I had them already and figured it was 40 bucks i could save on Al mrc shocks that would be too small
Old 06-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
RCC Addict

another update...
Layed down some paint today on the TCS Mini Edge panels. It came out decent and successfully made it look like it had some depth to the paint.. as opposed to a one color job. Also added more weight to the front wheels and it now sits a 2 oz each. To protect the wires i wrapped them in 1/4 in. split piping