Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Servo making a funny noise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #1

Default Servo making a funny noise

Right I've just got my losi mini rock crawler and the servo is making a wining noise even when I'm not turning, is this normal or can it be fixed?
Ryan_m_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #2

Hi Ryan - I'm by no means an expert (can't explain why it does it or how to fix it ) but it's normal in that it happens.

eg mine whines if I turn on the car before the transmitter - a high pitch scratchy sound. Turn on transmitter, give the wheel a jiggle and most usually it stops - sometimes it doesn't.

Someone else should come along now and explain the reasons and proper fixes (if any).
rockroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

That "sounds" about right...

Servos can be nosy devices sometimes, some because they're cheap, others because they're digital and looking for even more control from the Tx (more or less), and others because they're stripped, broken, or breaking. In this case, the stock servo Losi uses in the MRC is the former - on the cheap side.

Make sure you're not trying to steer it farther than it will go (use the radio's trim knob) and leave the servo saver on the stock servo and you should be OK for a while.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
That "sounds" about right...

Servos can be nosy devices sometimes, some because they're cheap, others because they're digital and looking for even more control from the Tx (more or less), and others because they're stripped, broken, or breaking. In this case, the stock servo Losi uses in the MRC is the former - on the cheap side.

Make sure you're not trying to steer it farther than it will go (use the radio's trim knob) and leave the servo saver on the stock servo and you should be OK for a while.
x2 It's when it makes a grinding noise you gotta worry. I know
ametr-crwlr is offline   Reply With Quote