Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Bullet's Losi MRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
wow very nice crawler man!! i may take your idea on how you place your batteries and electonics if ya dont mind!
Go ahead, I actually got the idea from another guy on this forum who did it, can't remember his name off the top of my head though...

Might have been Cave something.
Bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #22

Cool crawling spot you have there. I'm pretty new to crawling myself and haven't been on the site for a while but I have done several things to my MRC lately. Biggest improvement by far was new wheels and tires. I'm running the Hot Bodies Rovers (red dot compound) on Pro-Line weighted bead locks. I absolutely cannot believe the difference over the stock tires! I also went with the Gatekeeper GC3 chassis, aluminum Vendetta shocks, and a HiTec HS-645MG full sized steering servo. All this together combined to make this thing one incredible crawler! I didn't realize how mediocre the stock stuff was until I did all this to it. I'm still running the stock electronics and I'm pretty happy with that stuff though. Good luck with yours man. Looks like you started off right by changing up the tires right way. Do a new chassis and servo next and you'll be very happy with it!
MikeK1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK1981 View Post
Cool crawling spot you have there. I'm pretty new to crawling myself and haven't been on the site for a while but I have done several things to my MRC lately. Biggest improvement by far was new wheels and tires. I'm running the Hot Bodies Rovers (red dot compound) on Pro-Line weighted bead locks. I absolutely cannot believe the difference over the stock tires! I also went with the Gatekeeper GC3 chassis, aluminum Vendetta shocks, and a HiTec HS-645MG full sized steering servo. All this together combined to make this thing one incredible crawler! I didn't realize how mediocre the stock stuff was until I did all this to it. I'm still running the stock electronics and I'm pretty happy with that stuff though. Good luck with yours man. Looks like you started off right by changing up the tires right way. Do a new chassis and servo next and you'll be very happy with it!
Sounds like you have your self a nice setup! The MRC is somewhat put to the side right now. The next thing I had planned to do was chassis and servo, but I'm more focused on my Real rig right now. With my comp season coming to a close in a couple of months, it might not get anything done on it till winter, except minor tweaks and stuff.

But... here is a nice pic of my 1:1 Rig.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

nice zj you got there. i have one that same color. i love mine. other than the lift what else do you have done to you jeep?
CrawlHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlHer View Post
nice zj you got there. i have one that same color. i love mine. other than the lift what else do you have done to you jeep?
Um... not too much.. interior led lighting, led parking lights, hid headlights and fogs. The whole lift and tires and stuff took a good chunk of my $$ that was for the Jeep. After the lift, my U-Joints went within a week. Right now I need a new rear trackbar and then I need to have some paint work done on the roof before winter. Once I get that stuff knocked out I plan on adding some Hella 500s driving lights to the roof, then I need to finish my interior led conversion. I am converting all the green lights to blue.

If you want to take a look at my build, it is here
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1031758/
Old 04-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Bullet's Losi MRC

Well...been playing with the MRC a lot lately. Especially over the winter. Now all my friends want crawlers after seeing mine lol.

I ordered a new chassis and going to have to get a new ESC and stuff. My ESC is randomly cutting in and out. Rebinded the controller and didn't help so... =/

MRC should be pretty baller soon.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

might want to change your plug for esc to battery before you get an esc just an idea
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Do the plugs go bad? It will shut off sometimes when crawling, and it's acting like it has low power, but the battery is full charged...

When it shuts off, if you tap it or just wait sometimes it comes back on.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

ya the plugs go bad. watch the esc and see if the lights turn off and on, im guessing its loosing power, deans plugs work good hope that works
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass14 View Post
ya the plugs go bad. watch the esc and see if the lights turn off and on, im guessing its loosing power, deans plugs work good hope that works
I tested both plugs and they are definitely getting power. Battery was full charged and it was acting like it was dead and shutting off every 10 seconds or less. I had to tap the ESC repeatedly to get it to turn back on.

Oh well just gonna order up a new one and probably go brushless and lipo
Old 04-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

Some pics from today in my WIP crawler course.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

Hopefully should have the new chassis in sometime this week, along with an ESC, some lipos, and a brushless motor.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #33

glad you finally ordered the stuff for the mrc. now i need to order my stuff. go pro pics turned out pretty good. we need to work on the crawler course some more too
SpoolinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Yea I got an idea on how to add onto it involving those logs. I hate waiting on shit to ship
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #35

we outta go gather some more rock and get to work on it.
SpoolinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

what chassis you going with?
fallin apart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #37
Rock Stacker

Got the TCS mini edge, absolutely love the looks of it. Dunno how it will perform though... I've heard droop setup is like the only way to go with it.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

Put a new body on temporarily. Also bought a standard size servo today, wanted a Hs-645...
but they were all out so I got a HS-625... which will probably get replaced with a better servo down the road.
For now it's fine.

Still waiting on...
TCs mini edge chassis
Aluminum CVDs
Kunckles
C-hubs
servo mount
servo horn
ESC
Brushless motor
lipos and charger
and some other stuff

Went to Rivercut today. (A Place that has tons of fun stuff to crawl)
It was fun till a shock broke. And my MRC is acting like the battery is dead when it's fully charged

Last edited by Bullets; 04-11-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:37 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Looks like you're doing some serious building.
I was at Rivercut yesterday as well, wish we had coordinated our times to meet up.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #40
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabash View Post
Looks like you're doing some serious building.
I was at Rivercut yesterday as well, wish we had coordinated our times to meet up.
It should be a fun rig after all this. Not a great comp rig, but still should be a fun one.

Ya man, I went out there with Spoolinx, he had his 2.2 crawler out there. We were only there like 45 minutes before both our trucks kind of broke. It was around like 2 or 3 p.m. can't remember.