Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: HH TorqueMaster Confusion...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default HH TorqueMaster Confusion...

So, I ordered a Holmes Hobby Torque Master 22T... and I am a little confused...

I opened up the packaged and this plastic bag tumbles out with a little green cloth pouch. I got a little excited, I thought the good people at HH accidently sent me a mini bottle of Crown Royal...

But!!!!

Upon opening the pouch I found a cool little blue HH TorqueMaster 22T motor, I was still excited, but now for different reasons...

I was stoked to find that the motor leads were already soldered on, so I threw this guy in and had another confusion moment... Red went to red, black went to black... and as I squeazed the trigger of my DX3R, my MRC went in reverse?!? I flipped the direction on my TX and everything was as right as rain...

...and yes, it is fast! Right now I am nursing a pretty good cold, so I haven't gotten a chance to get it on the rocks, but I'm hoping to switch over soon from running my nose to running my MRC soon...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Hi, I'm still trying to make up my mind on my motor/ESC combo. How did you choose between the 22 and 33 turn option on the Torquemaster? And what ESC are you running.
Keep us updated on how it performs for you once you are over your cold.
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm running the stock speedo.

As far as how I decided on the 22T...
I am fortunate to compete against Jake and Nabil, two Team Losi drivers, and Jake's girl friend, these three always place high at comps. The two things that all three of their rigs have in common is their weight, and they are all fast. So I have been doing what I can to mimic their rigs while staying within my budget. After doing a lot of research the HH TM 22T is the most cost effective and reliable solution to drastically increasing speed without changing out the speedo or losing climbing torque.

Oh, about that cold... Let me tell you, it is pure hell trying to put one of those itty-bitty motors in with a runny nose!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
MODERATOR™

Crown Royal and a runny nose.

Do it right. Keep your throttle channel in forward and rotate the endbell of the motor 180 degrees, and then add in a couple degrees of timing advance so it spins just a hair faster in forward. That is, assuming your ESC is going the right way?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
I'm running the stock speedo.

As far as how I decided on the 22T...
I am fortunate to compete against Jake and Nabil, two Team Losi drivers, and Jake's girl friend, these three always place high at comps. The two things that all three of their rigs have in common is their weight, and they are all fast. So I have been doing what I can to mimic their rigs while staying within my budget. After doing a lot of research the HH TM 22T is the most cost effective and reliable solution to drastically increasing speed without changing out the speedo or losing climbing torque.

Oh, about that cold... Let me tell you, it is pure hell trying to put one of those itty-bitty motors in with a runny nose!!!
So is there a deal of difference between the speed of the 22T over the 33T and the 22T still gives enough torque for the tough climbs? Can the 33T be run on the stock ESC?
Thanks again.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Crown Royal and a runny nose.

Do it right. Keep your throttle channel in forward and rotate the endbell of the motor 180 degrees, and then add in a couple degrees of timing advance so it spins just a hair faster in forward. That is, assuming your ESC is going the right way?
Thank you very much for the advise...

This is my first time needing to flip an endbell, so I'd like to make sure I don't screw it up...

Here is the setting on my TX that I had to switch to in order to get the truck to go forward:

Here is the wiring:

To rotate the end bell I just need to take out the two screws holding the endbell, rotate it 180 degs, and put them back in? Then move the timing forward.

Yes, the 33T can be used with the stock speedo. HH recommends only running 2S on the 22T. As far as torque goes, in the limited testing I have done it seems to have more torque than the stock motor with about twice as much speed. Just a guess, but I'd assume the 33T would have more torque than the 22T with about 2/3 the speed.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Alright, I unconfused myself... a little... I failed to really look at the selection I had for the ESC, looking at the pic I posted, the ESC/Motor are in the Normal position, so I shouldn't haven't to flip the endbell, I just need to advance the timing...
Old 10-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Nice setup,what's one of those motors worth?
kuatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:44 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yes, the 33T can be used with the stock speedo. HH recommends only running 2S on the 22T. As far as torque goes, in the limited testing I have done it seems to have more torque than the stock motor with about twice as much speed. Just a guess, but I'd assume the 33T would have more torque than the 22T with about 2/3 the speed.
Thanks Greatscott that was just the information I was after.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuatto View Post
Nice setup,what's one of those motors worth?
$33 shipped.