Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: MRC Steering links

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default MRC Steering links

Hey does anyone have some suggestions for some steering links for the MRC...Just got the new dark soul chassis and wanted to find out if there were better liknks to use than the stock ones...Thanks
scteggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #2

I bought the same "darksoul" chassis and see the same goofy problem with the steering linkage. They moved the steering servo way over to the left side. This causes it to bind up when turning sharp to the right.

There is a black aluminum piece I had left over on my build. It's a squared off rod with threaded holes in each end. Like a tie rod nut or something. Maybe this is to be used in the stock steering linkage? I didn't see where it was to be used...
snaggleXR650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

If you don't want to try and make your own, BWD and RCBros make two great steering setups that should work for you. Look around at some of the build threads for ideas.
gdhknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scteggy View Post
Hey does anyone have some suggestions for some steering links for the MRC...Just got the new dark soul chassis and wanted to find out if there were better liknks to use than the stock ones...Thanks
I got the same set up for my brothers mrc and had the same problam. We just centered the servo over the axle and that worked for us. He is using a 1/10 size servo so no battery up front, but the battery fits on the rear axle like a dream. I hope this helps. John
johncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

hey there scteggy! good to see you are getting that mrc comp ready! if you want i can help you out making some delrin links, if not check out bwd
hpicrawlerking is offline   Reply With Quote