Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: tranny help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question tranny help

Hey folks, just picked up an mrc for 40$, and i'm juiced! Turned the fake beadlocks into real ones, mounted up a set of 1.9 rok lox i have, replaced all the steering linkage with 1/10th stuff, and added an rc4wd widening kit. But when i set it down for the first test run, noticed real quick that the front end wasn't being driven. So, i disconnected the driveshaft, clamped on a small set of vice grips to the output shaft and.....nothing. It's not spinning. So,there's my 40$ price right there. I need the words of all you mrc vets out there. I've had my share of crawlers, and am familliar with the inherant flaws in some of them. But, never a losi. So, is this a common problem with an mrc? Or are they solid trannies and the last owner didn't know when to get off the throttle. Before i tear it down, i wanted to get the rundown from those who know. Could it be fixable without big cost? I got the thing yesterday, and really am not afraid to say i don't know jack about losis in general. But, we all know there is surprisingly little difference in alot of our crawlers designs. It's the execution that seperates. And of course, there are exceptions. I love not knowing every little thing about a specific rig. Is the tranny a prevelant issue with these little dudes? And, what companies do you trust should i need to order replacement/upgrade parts? While i'm here, any other areas i should look at while i have the thing apart? I'm gonna put a full size servo up front as soon as i burn out the stocker. Is there a kit for that? If not, shouldn't be too difficult just looking at it. Anyway, i'm thrilled to finally have a mini, and for 40$, i dont mind dropping some scratch into it. Thanks very much in advance.
jado6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Center lockers gone.

Replace the tranny and both axles with metal ones
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Oh, and check out the mechanical begginers guide. Its full of helpful tips
soundcolor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags