Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

View Poll Results: Chassis fix options.(only vote if you have an mvp or plan on buying one)
Removable Cab 1/8 th inch thick 1 14.29%
Removable Cab 3/32nd inch thick 2 28.57%
No opinion just send me your fix. 2 28.57%
Redesigned cab on main side plate 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: MVP Owners Attention - ****READ THIS****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default MVP Owners Attention - ****READ THIS****

It has be brought to my attention that this chassis might be out of spec by design due to misinterpretation of the rules on my part and by the new body panel rule with this years rule change. I've posted the below question in the rules section to clear this up. If the chassis does end up being out of spec, I will post further instructions on how to get your free replacement side plates to put it within legal specification.

The jury it out on this one. I'll let you know what I find out. If it does end up being out of spec, I apologize but as stated before I will correct the issue as no cost to you.

Thank you,

Adam

There's what's posted in the rules section in case you get questioned on it at a comp. If you do I suggest you keep a body handy to slap on just in case till I get this cleared up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(1).
First the new body panel dimension rules, I'm assuming that the 3.5 square inches is for 1.9 class as well. If the hood panel extends all the way thought the cab to form a single peace on the hood and trunk, is all of it considered in the panels dimensions or is just the portion that is not in the cab?

You can see in this picture how the panel covers the entire cab area and trunk. I designed this before the rule change and I'm just trying to see if I need to redesign the chassis for legality reasons. As it sits the portion that extends from the cab forward is 3 square inches when measured with a ruler.

(2).
Second question is pertaining the the cab measurements I've. Everyone that I've had look at the rig says it's legal except one person thus far. I need an official ruling so that if it's not legal I can fix the design and send out replacements to my customers.

My understanding is that for the 1 inch tall measurement, you take the point where the hood meats the cab as the horizontal plain to base your measurement from. From that plain there the cab must measure at least 1 inch as shown by (C). I was informed that, that was incorrect and that the measurement is taken vertically from where the a pillar connects from the roof to the cab as shown in measurement (B).

I would really appreciate some input on this.

Thanks,

Adam

Last edited by Abavuso; 02-28-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
dnf

I have made a couple of cabs,and I interpret the rule to be at location (b)

I see a simple alternative that wont change your geometry.

I'll send you a pm and throw y9ou my thoughts

edit: also I noticed how guys can probably make a mod at home and their current chassis will be fine,and legal.

Last edited by rock hard; 02-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Cool, thanks.

What i was thinking is to just lop off the cab and make a new bolt on cab out of 1/16th or 3/32nd in delrin to trim the weight. That way the cab dimentions will be correct no mater how the rule is understood.

Do you think 1/16 delrin would be sturdy enough for a cab?

Or i could take the cross brace and bend an arc in it to round the roof Raising it 1/4 inch in the center for the 1 inch requirment.

Last edited by Abavuso; 03-01-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Default If you want a replacment PM me.

I'm going to redesign just the side plate to improve the front upper link geometry and rase the cab. If you are an MVP Owner, you need to PM me your Malling info so I can send you out the replacment once they are done. I'm going to sort through my records to find everyone that has purchased it will speed things up if you PM me personaly.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Default This Fix is in design process...

PM me with your shipping info so I can validate what I have on record if you wish to recieve a replacment. If I don't get validation of your address you will not recieve a replacement. I'm only cutting enough replacments to cover what I've sold and who requested the replacment.

I should have the fixed design dialed in by monday(I will post a picture) then I'm going to give everyone 1 week to respond(March 13th) so I can get the correct number of replacments cut and mailed before I move. I'm going to send e-mails to all who have purchased. If you don't get an e-mail in the next 5 days(March 9th) please PM me your shipping info.

In the mean time if you are comping with you MVP you can take a small piece of material bolt it where the front brace mounts and then bold the front brace that that piece of material and raise the front roof link up 1/4 inch or simply use a slightly longer piece of delrin and put a bend in it so that the front center of the rood has a measurment of 1 inch. or just slap a body on it. Just don't cut or modify the shock plates, those will remain the same.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:05 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Pm sent let me know what happens thanks.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Default CAB FIX & what you will get.

After lots of thought and comparison of the options, I'm going to be having just a replacment cab cut from 3/32ed in delrin. It will be thiner and lighter to help reduce your COG and take the least amount of work to put it on.

First if you havn't already done so, you'll need to make your chassis look like (B) then just bolt the new cab (A) to the top two holes on the outside of the chassis. This will put you back in spec and give you the ability to run bodiless or with a body if down the road you so desire to do so. I will che to see if the hardware is long enough before shipping and if It needs longer hardware, it will ship with the longer hardware.

As stated before, I will get the order cut after the 12th to give the last for people that havn't responded yet to contacted me for their replacment.

Thank you for your patience.
Attached Images

Last edited by Abavuso; 03-06-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
dnf

I think you'll find the new design will actually improve the ease of rollovers.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Default Fix Mod... shipping Thursday.

If you do not Comp with your MRC, then this is not a necessary mod.

I have the Mod Parts to fix your chassis and make it comp legal for the hood measurements.

You will receive to bolt on plates and 4-25mm screws to replace the 20mm ones that won't be long enough.

Step 1

Remove the 4 8mm screws that hold the two roof braces intact. Set them aside for later use.

Step 2

With a dremal or other cutting tool, cut only the cab off the existing side plate. (Cut them all the way though, don't score and break)

Step 3

Do one side at a time - Remove the two 20mm screws that hold the top portion of the shock plates on and the body panel. Then with the 25mm screw bolt it on as follows - Body Panel, Top Plate, Chassis Plate, Spacer, Shock plate

It should look like this.

With the other side attached.

Step 4

Attach the roof Brace. You will notice that they appear to be too short, This was designed with the thinner more flexible delrin to allow for the roof to flex without breaking. Tighten each screw down and you should see both plates flex in toward each other giving it a little more shape.

Step 5

Put your roof panel back on. You will need to trim the back half of the panel about 1/4 inch for it to be the correct size now.

Strap it back down and you're ready to go.

Finished Product and measurements.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #10

So will I have to do this with the one I ordered from you a couple days ago?
WK77612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Yes, All chassis that were ordered after I was made aware of this issue will have the fix included in the shipment. If you're not comping with it, you don't need to do the fix. If you are comping with it, then you will need to do the fix. It only takes about 15min to do the conversion.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #12

Ok cool thanks man cause it will be my comp chassis
WK77612 is offline   Reply With Quote