Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: tranny flip??? sec #3 beginers guide to the MRC.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #1

Default tranny flip??? sec #3 beginers guide to the MRC.

This is from the The beginers guide to the MRC. my question is i run a GC3 chassis would this work? will it give me more room? or has anybody tried it on a GC3???
or does it only apply to a stock chassis? before i try it?

Thx Doug

Section Three
Motors, and Transmission
__________________________________________________ __________

Q. I see on here that one of the free-mods is to flip the tranny/motor. What does that mean and what will it do for me...
A. It means unbolting the motor/trans from the skid, and turning it around so it faces the other direction. Flipping the motor/tranny mainly is only done for one reason, more room for the electronics to be mounted closer to the front axle, and off of the top of the rig.
Dougie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #2

I belive it would only apply to stock. Since the motor can is now hanging off the side of the chassis I may be wrong thow I'm sure more will comment soon.

Last edited by WK77612; 03-15-2011 at 09:41 PM.
WK77612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #3

the more i look at it doesnt look much will change? if at all? a little bit more room.

Ok i found a pick of one Thread Matt's Mini GC-3 Build post #26 MRCCrawler1.9
Matt's Mini GC-3 Build

Last edited by Dougie67; 03-15-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I ran a G-3 for a while (great chassis).

Flipping the transmission is easy , unbolt the skid plate (with transmission attached if you want) and flip 180, rebolt and your done.
By having the gear at the rear, you improve space at the front, above the upper links. This is where I fixed my battery (850mah LiPo, fits perfectly here (approx 31mm wide, 15mm thick, 65mm long)).
Or you could house the ESC and RX on the front links (if you have a battery over the servo, or on the rear axle).

My preferred setup was:
ESC on rear axle plate.
Battery above front links.
RX at the rear of the chassis (casing removed and then heatshrink wrapped) - stuck under the rear chassis spacer - the black block.
BEC stuck to the RH side of the trans casing.

Worked really well.
If you have not done so already, see the tips about filing the skid to open up the area where the rod ends fit, and replacing the GC-3 rod ends with Traxxas Revo shock rod ends (flared balls) - gives much better articulation of the links and eliminates the binding that the GC3 has.
The suspension was so bind free on mine (after modding the skid) that I was able to run really soft springs - helped settle the rig a lot on the rocks)
Gfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #5

cool already got the chassis installed was looking to create more rm for the battery. switching to lipos before battery was on top of the servo a little 600 mah nicad just trying to keep it clean and neat
Thx Doug
happy crawlin