Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: GC3 Based VS LOSI MRC Pro roller Based

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #1

Default GC3 Based VS LOSI MRC Pro roller Based

Hi Guys,

I have stock LOSI MRC, plan to keep it stock for now so the kids can use it as is inside the house ( couches etc). What I'd like to do now is build one for competitve use. Is it better to get another LOSI MRC and upgrade it with for example GC3 chassis and other upgrades or start with a Mini Comp Crawler Pro as the base?

Is there pros and cons from using a GC3 based MRC or the Mini Crawler PRO? The pro comes with several upgrades already in the box, just curious what is the first area that needs improvement.

thanks!
Nonsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsonic View Post
Hi Guys,

I have stock LOSI MRC, plan to keep it stock for now so the kids can use it as is inside the house ( couches etc). What I'd like to do now is build one for competitve use. Is it better to get another LOSI MRC and upgrade it with for example GC3 chassis and other upgrades or start with a Mini Comp Crawler Pro as the base?

Is there pros and cons from using a GC3 based MRC or the Mini Crawler PRO? The pro comes with several upgrades already in the box, just curious what is the first area that needs improvement.

thanks!
The ladies dig carbon fiber.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I say buy a used stock one. Do all the upgrading and run a wedge from Don and BWD.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
RCC Addict

GC-3 IMO is better.. those plates on the stock mrc are thin, and ive read that their weak too.. not to mention their practically the same thing.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #5

GC3 all the way!!
its night and day over the stock (not the pro) chassis. It's a fun build, but you kinda have to be mechanically inclined a tad if not there's plenty of help/ info on this forum from other builds
I got mine off of eBay for pretty cheap 42.50 shipped
I have not run any other chassis my 2 cents?

good luck
Dougie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

the rtr mrc has plastic lockers, crappy electronics, fake beadlocks, and terrible turn radius oh and stock shocks suck too.

if your gonna buy one i say buy a mrc pro. it comes with zero ackerman steering, cvds, threaded shocks, metal lockers all around, rear axle lock outs, way better chassis with way more tuning options and usable beadlocks with a slight step up in tires, front and rear are four linked, can run a full size servo out of the box and not to mention its way lighter than a gc3. and it comes with the pro grappler body

i run a gc3 on mine and love it alot. i wouldnt have it any other way. but it will cost you way more to build a stock mrc to compete with a pro.

i say buy a pro put electronics in it and go compete. you wont regret it.

either that or buy a used comp ready one. for around 225-300 in the classifieds

Good luck and post up what you decided on.
CrawlHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #7

Hi Guys

Thanks for the insight so far, the you tube video's on the MRC pro do look good. Since the GC3 and the Losi Pro chassis do look similar I wondered what the benefit would be using one over the other. Most likely I will get the PRO on thursday and start the process of getting it running.

Of course if there are more ideas to present then chime on in.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

the gc3 and pro may look similar but trust me they arent. they both have incredible geomtry but the pro has way more tuning options for your upper links. and the pro chassis it way lighter as its made of carbon fiber. theres a few guys that run the pro in my club and they do amazing. i have driven one and wow what a difference.

the one down side to the pro chassis is that it can brake if your really hard on it but the gc3 chassis can bend so its a toss up. they both have there pros and cons.
CrawlHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #9

Thanks guys, I will pick it up and come up with a list of possible upgrades to do with it right away before hitting the rocks. If there are any suggestions for upgrades to a Losi Pro roller feel free to post some suggestions on what you tried or liked.

thanks!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
GC-3 IMO is better.. those plates on the stock mrc are thin, and ive read that their weak too.. not to mention their practically the same thing.
They are practicly the same with some tweaks to avoid the lawyers.
Support the guy that did the design work and testing...Austin Dunn. Go with the GC3.
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #11

For sure, I keep an older issue of one of the RC Magazine with Dustin's Axial based Gatekeeper as a guide for an Axial crawler I built only I used another forum member's chassis in the end ( SWX ) as I bought it for another project but decided to use it on the Axial based crawler.

Guess it's the package value of the PRO roller, for $219 it comes with several items I would probably want to add anyway so i'll probably go with that for starters.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:53 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I got the MRC Pro, and I'm very pleased with it. Aluminum knuckles are a must have upgrade. If you keep the Comp Claw tires, I would sipe them. I just installed the Lil Rovers, and I think they'll really wake up my Pro. Check out Rubbaneck's thread for good tuning tips; he's the 1.9 National Champ 2 years and counting!
crwlnCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote