Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: losi brand cvt steering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default losi brand cvt steering

Isnt the cvt a know issue with them popping apart. Sometime last year I had one pop apart, you can tell this by how there put together. Yes I was wedged tight in a rock. I can understand it breaking but it popped loose. Then the other day I get my crawler out of mothballs and do a few easy laps on my home made track and one pops apart again. Now I cant remember if I ever contacted horizon about this but this time I did and they said once I used it there not responsible for it breaking. Now is this considered broken. I say it fell apart because it was made with inadequate parts or assembly problems on their end.

I think these were expensive, and I believe the extra one I had in my tool box was from them sending me a replacement last year because I know there is no way I would buy another one seeing how weak they are. Since you contact them through their site I have no records of e mail with them to look this up.

Should I send in new e mail saying it fell apart. There are no signs of use on it?

Im sure their at a point where they wont replace them because so many have gone bad its costing them a fortune.

what do you think I should do?

I remember MIP sells them, looked but they now dont stock them, you have to go thgough a losi dealer. I tried horizon but they only seem to list the MIP center shaft. Is there a mip part number for the steering parts?

Last edited by mikegigabyte; 04-27-2011 at 09:45 PM.
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I just found out they did send me a replacement last year in january, so I know the used is BS.
Whats up with losi

Im sending in a new e mail just saying it fell apart, but I wonder if I will need some type of receipt proof, these were bought last year
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 PM   #3

i know a few guys that have broke and the call Losi and they replaced them. give them a call should be good
Dougie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

They want me to send it in, I sent new e mail saying it popped apart. Did not mention it happened during use. Because it did pop apart. I contacted Rich Trujillo and he claims he had them send me out one. No questions asked which is very nice. So I will see if it comes in.
I still think you could tig weld that part on, but I dont have a tig to try that.
I still say its a press fit, then expanded or mushroomed in a press to hold it in, and they just pop apart under load.
I have no problem if I break a part but I have a problem when the pop off with no marks even on it, it looks brand new and probably is

that and the crap leaking losi shocks is what disappoints me with the crawler
they wanted me to mail in the shocks to last year but not worth my time, one day I will find another brand to repalce

MIP used to sell the cvt, but now on there site they sold out to losi dealers so they no longer allowed to sell themselves, but I cant find any mention of them from losi dealers. Anyone know who sells the MIP cvt's