Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Crawler Innovations Khaos Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Crawler Innovations Khaos Tires

I did a quick search for Khaos and only found one thread where these where being used on an MRC. Are any of you guys currently using these or have used them? If so, how do you like them? The main reason I asked is I am interested in trying a tire larger than Rovers and these seem like the only tires available in a four inch tire. I know 4xFord runs four inch rovers, but I don’t have the patience/ability to make myself a set.

Last edited by jlsandkes; 06-08-2011 at 11:04 AM.
jlsandkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsandkes View Post
I did a quick search for Khaos and only found one thread where these where being used on an MRC. Are any of you guys currently using these or have used them? If so, how do you like them? The main reason I asked is I am interested in trying a tire larger than Rovers and these seem like the only tires available in a four inch tire. I know 4xFord runs four inch rovers, but I don’t have the patience/ability to make myself a set.[/B][/B]

I gave some serious thought to getting a set, but in realty, my unmodified rovers are performing just as good as the modded tires. If you do decided to get a set of pins, Eddie is the only way to go!
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
5th D Owner/Driver

I've ran them for awhile now. Grip is good like the Rovers if you cut some of the pins but I think 4" is too tall. I have currently gone back to the Rovers until I can cut them down somewhere inbetween a Rover and 4". A bigger tire like the 4" doesnt get the front servo to hit as often but it does raise the COG a little. If you crawl alot of rip-rap style rocks with lots of holes it does help, but if more mono rock then try something shorter like the Rover or make something just a little taller.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering why I wasn’t seeing more rigs running four inch tires. I thought the extra ground clearance might make it worth doing, but it sounds like the trade off is you give up too much in COGs for general crawling.

jlsandkes is offline   Reply With Quote