Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: spool for mini

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #1

Default spool for mini

just ordered the hot racing aluminum diff spool kit for my crawler, stripped out the stock locker and figured time to up grade, guess I will find out what craps out next, I am guessing transmission
jeepnxj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #2

Everything I've read points towards the Losi metal locker over the hr aluminum one...

Thats what I replaced mine with after 5 mins w/ 1.9 flat irons.
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That HR locker wont last long. The RCBros lockers have worked best for me.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 AM   #4

well I will give the HR ones a go, already have them on thier way LOL, if they break or I don't like them I will change them. What are the down falls of the Hot racing aluminum ones? Just curious so I know what to look out for
Old 06-28-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

just go with the losi metal lockers, I got the HR alum. is soft of I drive too hard, I half spun them in two comps. Look for play in the wheels. Grab both tires and turn them in opposite directions, if the turn you have started to spin the spool. The metal lockers have been solid with no issues.

Last edited by Jslick; 06-28-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
No idea what I'm doing

Has anyone else noticed a lot of rotational play in the Pro Roller? I know they come with the metal lockers front/rear/middle but I notice quite a bit of rotational slop in the rear. I machined some lockers before for the old MRC and never noticed this much play. I may have to make some for my Pro
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #7

well it should last longer than the plastic one, I will just order some metal ones and get them coming in a couple weeks, won't hurt to have an extra set around anyway
Old 06-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I have axle slope in all my MRC pros. And it seems to be getting worse the mOre I play with it. I have not openned up an axle yet. I did find one driveshaft getting loose. But even after curing that issue I'm still having inner axle slop. I'm going to run it till something breaks. I'm glad to see it was not only me having this issue. I have 2 and one brand new one that hasnt been run yet. The slop is definetly getting worse with age.
Maybe a pinion and ring gear clearance issue? I'm doubting that because I have the slop when rotating the tires on the same axle in different directions. Guess we'll see when something decides to give.
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have replaced loose aluminum lockers with better aluminum spares but the need for good steel ones still exists. these aluminum ones wont last, by virtue of how thin they are and surface space in contact with the axles. also, your screws holding them in will also act up and work loose, making it a sloppier situation than just the locker to axle hold....
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Losi steel locker ?. I see two parts numbers 1433 & 1435. I have not torn into the spool, so not sure if you need BOTH parts for a complete steel locker.
Anyone know for sure>
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

1433 is for your front & rear diffs (1 in each). 1435 is for your center diff. My guess is that you know that but you do not need the 1433 + 1435 for the center.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/323578-spool-mini.html
Posted By For Type Date
Mini Crawler problem - Page 3 - The Official So Cal R/C Forum This thread Refback 10-04-2011 08:17 PM