Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi Xcelorin Discontinued. Hmm...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Losi Xcelorin Discontinued. Hmm...

I just noticed the big price drop on the 1/18 Xcelorin motor/esc and now Ampdraw.com, where I bought mine, shows "discontinued by the manufacturer". First the big drop on MRC Pro and now this. We might be scrambling to find MRC parts in the near future...
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Lets hope not.
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

HorizonHobby.com has the 1/24 micro crawler and Losi 600mAh LiPo discontinued as well.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
First the big drop on MRC Pro and now this. We might be scrambling to find MRC parts in the near future...
One of my parts suppliers (who has been in the hobby industry for many years) tells me that anytime Losi discontinues something, it's only a matter of time until everything pertaining to that particular models product line disappears. With Losi getting out of crawling, this does not surprise me that everything crawling related is being sold off cheap.

Last year at the USRCCA National Championship, all the Team Losi drivers had major issues with the Losi electronics. ESC's catching fire, motors breaking, etc. The electronic parts were total crap. I will stick to Castle Creations or Tekin for ESC's and vendors here on the forum for motors.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

It is possible that these retailers marked it as "discontinued" because it seems like Losi has split their products. Quite a few of them (mostly the race kits and accessories) are now listed on the TLRacing.com website....including the 1/18th Xcelorin system:
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB9567
Notice, it says nothing about being discontinued...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

That could be, but it is very suspicious. Nova seems to know something since he states that Losi is getting out of crawling. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
It is possible that these retailers marked it as "discontinued" because it seems like Losi has split their products. Quite a few of them (mostly the race kits and accessories) are now listed on the TLRacing.com website....including the 1/18th Xcelorin system:
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB9567
Notice, it says nothing about being discontinued...
Old 07-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

sure hope losi isnt getting out i just bought my mrc pro and im saving up for 2.4 i dont want to have to put that money towards spare parts for the mrc
boneskid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
www.team3sixrc.com

yes, LOSI Is getting out of crawling.

this has already been discussed.

buy up the parts, not all of it is bad. I have an MRC and honestly cant wait to build it up.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Instead of buying parts, just buy another MRC Pro! $65 and you have a complete set of parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
yes, LOSI Is getting out of crawling.

this has already been discussed.

buy up the parts, not all of it is bad. I have an MRC and honestly cant wait to build it up.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Why would they get out of 1.9 an micro crawling which they own the market for both. This wouldn't make much business "cents". I don't much care for the xcelerion electrics, but The Trucks themselves are unmatched.
Whop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whop View Post
Why would they get out of 1.9 .... which they own the market for both. This wouldn't make much business "cents".
i was asking about this at the last comp i attended. i wonder what newcomers are going to use in the 1.9 class when the mrc's become hard to get rigs/items. i know there are other 1.9 vehicles out there, but the ones i have seen are not of great quality.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

They would just eliminate the 1.9 class. I have seen numerous "for sale" threads where people say no one runs 1.9 in their area anymore. Axial cutback on their products not too long ago as well. Crawling in general is a small, niche market in the overall RC world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
i was asking about this at the last comp i attended. i wonder what newcomers are going to use in the 1.9 class when the mrc's become hard to get rigs/items. i know there are other 1.9 vehicles out there, but the ones i have seen are not of great quality.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
They would just eliminate the 1.9 class. I have seen numerous "for sale" threads where people say no one runs 1.9 in their area anymore. Axial cutback on their products not too long ago as well. Crawling in general is a small, niche market in the overall RC world.
your funny man, small niche! thats a good one.
lets see..... and how many people are on RCC? 50,912
and thats just the members who are registered.

RCC holds the most specific manufacturing and sales vendors out of any type of RC hands down. So much so that we continue to stick around because we make money to make that so called small niche better.

Axial hasnt cut back on their product line, they have not only increased it by adding 2 more trucks in the past year, but have eleminated non selling trucks to make room for better and more capable trucks. Furthermore are one of the largest sponsors for compitions craler based.

I can appreciate your trying to make sense of a situation, but the truth is that LOSI does what they always do. Ever since the deconstruction of one of the best RC companies around after Gil Jr. left to Kyosho America. They try, and bail when it doesnt work out because they didnt want to put the time in.

I believe Adam Drake is the ONLY one left who supports that company whole hertedly.

If your in the market for a 1.9 class rig, buy up the MRC pro's and parts and go to town, they should last you some time and there are many aftermarket companies out there. If the parts continue to sell, they will continue to make them.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Last year at the USRCCA National Championship, all the Team Losi drivers had major issues with the Losi electronics. ESC's catching fire, motors breaking, etc. The electronic parts were total crap.
There was only one of us that had issues with electronics and it was from being upside down in the water. The rest of us made it through the weekend without issue. Just some facts to keep the rumors honest.
Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Niche is not a bad thing. Actually quite the opposite. When I said small, it was in regards to the overall rc market. It's like drifters, but bigger. I would wager that Traxxas sells 15 bashers for every 1 Axial vehicle. Why? Because scaling/crawling is a niche market and not meant for the masses due to cost, manitenance and the customization/fabrication that goes into it. And who wants to drive slow? Niche markets tend to be more expensive but have a great following. They also allow vendors such as yourself to make a living doing something they love. Traxxas out sells everything, but good luck finding an individual who makes custom parts for a Rustler. Why? Traxxas=masses, Scaling/crawling=niche.

As an example, I am part of the community at head-fi.org, headphone forums. 150,000 members and a crazy amount of community and vendor support. How many people do you know who own headphones? How many do you know that own $500 headphones powered by a homemade $700 vacuum tube amp? I would guess none. Compared to the number of people who listen to headphones, head-fi.org and its 150,000 members is small, niche market, as is scaling/crawling.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manson View Post
There was only one of us that had issues with electronics and it was from being upside down in the water. The rest of us made it through the weekend without issue. Just some facts to keep the rumors honest.
I think there may have been a few more.

Pics
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #17
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manson View Post
I was there in person and a sponsoring vendor. Nabil can attest to the utter crap electronics from Losi. It cost him any chance of winning 2.2. Yes the water played into, anyone who was there knew that. But how ironic the Losi inspired items failed while others did not even with the water.

We were playing follow the leader with our 2.2's at the end of the day on Saturday when Jake's 2.2 Losi ESC caught fire right in front of me. And Jessica's had caught fire in the super. I was there in person and saw all of this in front of me with my own eyes. Those are not rumors sir, those are facts.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #18
RCC Addict

I think you guy's are confused about the 1/10th system -VS- the 1/18th.

1/18th has no issues, never had. It just wasn't selling very well so it's on the chopping block a year after the 1/10th system was cancelled.

Now the 1/10th system on the other hand is like the 4th of July, I think that's what most remember. I still can't get the funky smell out of my nose

And this is the true facts!
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Sucks that right when I get interested in the 1.9's they are getting out of it.
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

It's funny we are talking losi electronics. My brand new 1/18 motor was sent back to Horizon today. The motor would stop working when the sensor wire was moved. Hopefully they have quick turn around.