Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: To Ackerman, or not to Ackerman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default To Ackerman, or not to Ackerman

A couple of questions.

1) I mounted the Hitec 645 servo on my MRC using Losi's carbon fiber servo plate. I then had to remove the servo saver and use the solid link that came with my MRC because the steering just wouldn't line up properly. Is that normal? I'm a bit worried about maybe damaging my new servo without it. And I have the stock Losi transmitter so I can't dial in the steering end points like I've heard about.
Any thoughts? I haven't crawled with it yet, rain and work, just couch crawled. Seems to turn the wheels ok but one way more than the other!

2) Zero Ackerman steering knuckles. Are they worth getting? The Losi ones say MRC Pro, would they be the ones to get? I've seen rcbros ones but am not much of a fabricator for the custom links required.

3) Installing the metal lockers in place of the plastic ones which have started to click when I get bound up. Are they a real P in the A?

Thanks in advance.
4WDwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

go for the pro knuckles they will bolt up, but you will need new steering links, as for steering one way more you need to take servo horn off and line it up again your off a tooth or more. lockers are not that bad to change, just start working on. It maybe intimatiating at first but the wrenching is part of the fun of owning a mini. you will be making parts in no time. to make steering links just need all tread and tubing to cover the all tread and rod ends. just have fun. do the lockers first knuckles are more for when getting more competive
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default ?

Losi does not have a 0 Ackerman do they? Rcbros sells a link that will bolt right up, I think, and it sit underneath the servo instead of in front.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #4

Apparently they do now, part number LOSB1432. But I can't find them anywhere local yet.
cfrogjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WDwannabe View Post
A couple of questions.

1) I mounted the Hitec 645 servo on my MRC using Losi's carbon fiber servo plate. I then had to remove the servo saver and use the solid link that came with my MRC because the steering just wouldn't line up properly. Is that normal? I'm a bit worried about maybe damaging my new servo without it. And I have the stock Losi transmitter so I can't dial in the steering end points like I've heard about.
Any thoughts? I haven't crawled with it yet, rain and work, just couch crawled. Seems to turn the wheels ok but one way more than the other!

2) Zero Ackerman steering knuckles. Are they worth getting? The Losi ones say MRC Pro, would they be the ones to get? I've seen rcbros ones but am not much of a fabricator for the custom links required.

3) Installing the metal lockers in place of the plastic ones which have started to click when I get bound up. Are they a real P in the A?

Thanks in advance.
for lining ur steering up, u simply unbolt the horn...set the trim to center on the controller, put the horn back on vertically, and lala...u got the servo centerd correctly
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Arggg! So I put that servo on, hooked up the non-servosaver arm and now the gear jumps. Metal gear on the servo plastic on the horn. Is there a metal arm I can get? I haven't seen one. Help!!
4WDwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote