Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: HG645MG on MRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #1

Default HG645MG on MRC

I read a few places around here that recommended this Hitec servo and I just happened to have one in my toolbox.

Questions:

1) Is there a way to use the stock servo saver with the servo? The splines are different so I doubt it. Are there any aftermarket servo savers or similar I can get?

2) How is the RCBros front servo mount? I would prefer to not lash and mod the servo on myself so this seemed like a good option.

Thanks for any feedback! Just got this truck used and it's gonna be fun.
ieatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

The stock servo saver splines will not mesh on that servo. I ditched the saver and just used a servo arm that came with the Hitec. Also used an Axial metal servo plate and drilled holes to fit.
SP225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The RCBros mount is nice and beefy.
Robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #4

That seems like a pretty strong servo for the MRC..but will work. I ditched my servo saver and used the servo arm. you just have to adjust the sensitivity travel on your TX. Hope that helps.
671 Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default poor customer support

beware of the hi-tec stuff got a steel geared mini servo on my mrc pro used it one weekend in the yard maybe went thru two batteries and it bound up found out the center gear under the cover keeps slipping out of the seat. well called hi-tec and they will not do any thing but SELL me the parts to fix it . thats so nice of them . so i can buy new case and shipping for just about the same as i paid for the servo .so there loss i wont use anymore hi-tec stuff and the lhs were i got it wouldnt stand by it eather so hobby fever in billerica is done on my list as well
snohiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

The one hes talking about is not a mini servo, it is a standard size servo
sickpuppy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

yea i relize that its just the fact that they wont stand behind there product im worning about
Old 11-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671 Crawler View Post
That seems like a pretty strong servo for the MRC..but will work. I ditched my servo saver and used the servo arm. you just have to adjust the sensitivity travel on your TX. Hope that helps.
At about 130+ oz/in @ 6V it will do. I put an old 5925 that has 125 oz/in and it feels a bit on the light side.

The thing about the analog 645 I don't like is that it isn't that good of a servo and for $10 more you can get a much better 5645 digital servo that actually works, centers better, has more torque and is faster.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohiker View Post
beware of the hi-tec stuff got a steel geared mini servo on my mrc pro used it one weekend in the yard maybe went thru two batteries and it bound up found out the center gear under the cover keeps slipping out of the seat. well called hi-tec and they will not do any thing but SELL me the parts to fix it . thats so nice of them . so i can buy new case and shipping for just about the same as i paid for the servo .so there loss i wont use anymore hi-tec stuff and the lhs were i got it wouldnt stand by it eather so hobby fever in billerica is done on my list as well
Hmmmm....I have had to have a few servo's sent to HiTec for repair, all were done under warranty (one was replaced with new, not refurbished). No issues, no problems.
Sorry your experiance was not the same. HiTec is all I run in crawlers (my son & I).
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Hmmmm....I have had to have a few servo's sent to HiTec for repair, all were done under warranty (one was replaced with new, not refurbished). No issues, no problems.
Sorry your experiance was not the same. HiTec is all I run in crawlers (my son & I).
yea i did to i even had them in my racers way back when i raced but this servo only had three run on it three battereis ran thru the crawler and they said they would sell me the new case and gears but thats all they would do good luck i just paid 27 buks last week for it when i put the crawler together i think they should of done somthing
Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #11
RCC Addict

That was my first ever servo I used on my 2.e comp rig so ya its plenty of power for a 1.9 truck.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Man I thought a 645 would be fine but after yesterdays 4 course comp I'm switching to a 7955 Well cs170 since all my hitec's are in use. Most of the other drivers out there yesterday were running higher torque servo's too.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #13

I'm really not even sure why I bought this servo. It was just sitting in my box of parts.

Anyway, I ended up ordering an MRC Pro. It came with different spline adapters and a servo horn. Works great for what I'm doing.
ieatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Most of the other drivers out there yesterday were running higher torque servo's too.
My son & I started out with the 7955's, partly since we upgraded the 2.2's to 7950's and had the 7955's left over.
Yes, a "standard sized" servo requires a little more work to mount on the MRC, but the extra torque is nice.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #15

Hi,

I ordered the hired 645 be causes I thought it would be plenty strong with metal gears and all...also I got that one instead of a less expensive knock off to ensure better quality...this thread makes it sound like the 645 isn't that tough, but I suspect that is for comp, not the backyard crawler, right?

Last edited by Noahrob; 11-12-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Wrong servo #
Noahrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahrob View Post
Hi,

I ordered the hired 645 because I thought it would be plenty strong with metal gears and all...also I got that one instead of a less expensive knock off to ensure better quality...this thread makes it sound like the 645 isn't that tough, but I suspect that is for comp, not the backyard crawler, right?
The 645 is a decent servo, but when comping you "may" find that it dosen't have enough power. It is a good servo to start with and is not too expensive.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
RcBros Hobbies

A lighter servo is often a good things with these cars. You learn to fines the rig rather then smash through things which causes these things to break alot! I went back to a lighter servo and 2s and now enjoy driving mine again.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote